Never Settle For Less Than You Deserve

Never Settle For Less Than You Deserve

Always remember your worth.

1665

Sometimes I find myself just sitting down on my bed, overthinking every little thing about my life and feel like I am missing out on so much and I know that is not the case, but I think everyone goes through these phases of doubt. You start to wonder if you will ever be in a cute relationship like all your friends have, or if you will ever get your dream job, or if you are just wasting your time going to college and should be doing bigger and better things. That is when people begin to start settling for whatever is thrown in their direction instead of waiting for the right moment to come in their lives. I strongly believe that everyone in the world deserves so much success, love, and happiness, but often times we end up accepting mediocrity just because it is easier.

This can be applied to friendships, careers, romantic relationships, and so much more. We are human beings, so naturally, we just want to feel accepted, loved, and appreciated just like everyone else. But those feelings we have in our hearts may lead us to make poor decisions, as a result, we end up settling for less than what we actually deserve.

Of course, you should always follow your heart and trust your intuition, but it's important to use that common sense of yours from time to time to keep yourself on the right path. In my opinion, the typical areas we tend to settle for less involves both love and the relationships we have with others.

Being in love is probably one of the best feelings in the world, but sometimes it just comes from a place of feeling lonely. I see this way too often amongst other people my age too. In your 20s, you will see people you know from high school who have married already, possibly already have had a child or are on their way to building a family of their own. So, when other people who are around that age see that and they realize that they are single and are nowhere near that point in their lives yet, they begin to settle.

Too many times I have seen people settle for a relationship just for the sake of being in one, which should never be the case. A relationship is more than just having someone compliment you all the time and tell you what you need to hear. That is the time where the power of the mind needs to override the power of the heart, my friends.

Just because some boy/girl says something so normal and kind to you, or performs a nice gesture, does not mean that you drop everything in your life for him/her? You are worth so much more than that person who will probably only hit you up whenever they feel like it at 2 am when they are lonely, and you definitely deserve someone who will respect you more than that too.

And newsflash, just because everyone else may be in a relationship or having babies does not mean you need to follow in their footsteps! You have your own life-path to follow, so stop comparing yours to those other people from high school that you see on your Facebook timeline. Your time will come, I promise. But until that time comes, never stop working on yourself every single day. Go out into the world and pursue whatever makes feel the most alive and happy, and the rest will fall into place.

"Don't ever settle for less than you deserve, because once you start to settle, you always will. Know your worth. Know the difference between what you're getting and what you deserve." - Unknown