I Will Never Be Pro-Choice, But Pro-Life Has To Change

Abortion should not have to be the choice.

53
Baby Center

Please, read before you yell at me.

I grew up in a fairly conservative region. While most people around me held these conservative views, my parents allowed me and encouraged me to explore differing viewpoints. However, I soon came to the conclusion that abortion was, well...murder.

I watched a video of an abortion taking place. It was moving and extremely concerning. The baby (yes, I believe it is a baby) screamed. It literally opened it's mouth and screamed. What is more human than the obvious ability to feel pain?

Texas is currently working on legislation that makes it necessary to either bury or cremate aborted fetuses, instead of dumping them in local landfills. Many people are angry that someone is making it necessary to force women to go through a procedure in addition to an abortion.

However, it used to be necessary to require an ultrasound before the baby was aborted. Today, it is still legal in 3 states for an ultrasound to be conducted before an abortion takes place. Why is this? Well, some states hope that if a mother sees her child she will choose to let it live.

Let me be very blunt: I do not believe someone should have the right to take another human's life. Period. As Americans today, we are more concerned with most animals than the lives of people. Tiny, little humans, that never get a chance at life.

However, I believe that if we are to be pro-life, we need to be pro-pregnancy, pro-adoption, pro-foster care and pro-women. That means that I believe that to really be pro-life, I need to be supportive of pregnant women. That means I will not judge an unmarried pregnant woman, even though the culture I grew up in told me to. In fact, if I am to be completely pro-life, I need to support her and help her out. I hope it is not the same way everywhere, but in my area, an unmarried pregnant woman is looked down upon. So she needs to be recognized for the fact that she chose to be brave and carry her child to term.

I have spoken with women that had an abortion because their family is "pro-life". It's so sad, but some of these women had abortions because their family would reject them. How is that being pro-life? This is why it is so important to love courageous young women for carrying their child, even if it is not the popular thing to do.

Except for the extreme cases in which a woman becomes pregnant against her will, all pregnancies can be prevented. Sex is a privilege, not a necessity. Therefore, anyone who wishes to have an abortion through consensual sex knowing full-well they could become pregnant even if they use birth-control is committing murder. I know that sounds harsh, but there is a living being inside every pregnant woman. I know it is her body, but once that egg is fertilized it is another person's body too.

I do not know what the solution is. I do not hate women who have had abortions. I do not pretend to know the plight of women that have been raped. I only wish that less children were killed. According to Doctor Suess "A person is a person no matter how small." Let's end the hatred as pro-life people towards pregnant women and start being pro-children.