I’m 21-Years-Old And I Have Never Been On One Date Or Kissed And I’m Okay With That

I also do not want to date for the “experience”.
210

I’m 21 years old and I have never been kissed. Now before you start assuming that this is going to lead into a whole spiel on how I haven’t found the “one” it is actually a different scenario. I’m 21 years old and I have never been kissed and I’m okay with that. Being single is one of my strongest character traits that I put on job applications actually; it’s also another empty box for my lack of experience.

I’m 21 years old and I have never been on one date and I’m okay with that. My life is spent between school, work, and home. By the time I finish my day, all I want to do is lay in my bed and be to myself at home. I barely have time for friends. Where on earth would I find time to squeeze a boyfriend into that schedule?

I’m 21 years old and I would like to be in a relationship but even if I’m not in one I’m okay with that. My life doesn’t start once I found the “one”. I also do not want to date for the “experience”. It’s not like my current boyfriend will need to contact my previous relationship references to see if I’m a fit candidate for the job.

It’s a weird predicament that I am in. I want someone but then again I don’t want someone. It would be nice to have someone to talk to but honestly, I can talk to anyone. I want to be the person going through the “honeymoon” phase of a relationship but then again I hate the whole mushy romance love thing. Okay, so maybe this is the real reason I’m single.

My age and lack of experience should not be looked down on. Some of us just do not move as fast as other people. I didn’t know that dating and marriage also had a biological time clock for women; I was taught that was just in relation to having kids. I have some friends who had their first “boyfriend” in first grade but I also have some acquaintances that didn’t get married until they were in their forties.

In 2014, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics 124.6 million Americans, 16 years and older were single or unmarried. Who knew being single was of such importance? I not only have a chance but I also have time until I as the young folk say “settle down”.

But honestly will someone please bite the bullet and date me? Or not I’m fine either way.