Never Give Up On Someone You Love

Never Give Up On Someone You Love

They are worth the fight 100% of the time.
4399

Relationships aren’t perfect; if anyone tries to tell you otherwise they’re wrong. They’re hard work, they’re putting someone else before you, and at times they’re downright painful. Relationships aren’t easy, but when you find the right person, damnit, they’re worth it.

You know the person I’m talking about. The person who knows you better than yourself. The person you can lay around with all day and still have the time of your life. The person who always listens to you cry when you’re upset even when you know you’re overreacting. The person who is there for you when no one else is. The person you’re thinking about right now.

Nothing in life worth having comes easy, and that includes relationships. The honeymoon phase will fade someday even if it seems like it never will. You will fight. There will be nights you cry yourself to sleep and wonder if it’s all worth it. But I promise you, it is.

When you find your person, never let them go. When things get tough, whatever you do do not take the easy way out and leave. Because I guarantee you’ll lie awake at 3 a.m. with tears streaming down your face wishing you could take it all back. I was lucky enough to get a second chance, but not everyone is so lucky.

Every relationship will go through hardships; there is no getting around that. You’re going to hurt them and they’re going to hurt you. But what you don’t do is give up. If you truly love someone, fighting to make things work is going to be worth every late night talk and every tear you shed. Instead of focusing on the bad it’s important to focus on the good because one bad moment is not worth leaving behind a lifetime of good.

Every day that I wake up I’m thankful to have my person in my life. I quite honestly don’t know what I would do without them. They are the first person I go to when I get good news, they are the first person I turn to for comfort, and they are my biggest supporter. Most importantly, they are my best friend.

I know most people will tell me I’m young and I don’t know what love is, but I’m a firm believer that you do not need to be a certain age to be in love. Whether you are 18, 28, or 88, when you find that person you’ll know. And when you know, don’t ever let them go.

“Love suffers long and is kind. It is not proud. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.”