12 Netflix Shows That Will Keep You Busy

You'll Never Be Bored As Long As You Binge These 12 Netflix Shows

These shows put binge-watching on a whole different level.

240

I can almost guarantee that finding a show on Netflix is almost as hard to find as a needle in a haystack. Sometimes you choose shows because the title is interesting, you liked the cover artwork, your favorite good-looking actor is on there, you feel as if you can relate to the description, or simply because everyone is watching it.

The most popular shows on Netflix are definitely "Friends," "The Office," "Fuller House," and "Gossip Girl" (which is the absolute best, by the way). But sometimes, you don't want to watch what everyone is watching because you ALWAYS hear about it. In fact, you want to watch something that you don't know already.

I actually tried giving "Friends" a chance. I instantly got bored and didn't understand the hype. So over the years, I did some research on different shows and I found some I actually like.

I guess this article would be my "personal favorites" list. But the reason why I picked these shows was because they always have cliffhangers and suspense, which makes you want to watch them even more. Some of my favorite are Netflix originals, and others are shows that you can watch on actual TV. I'm sure you'll never be bored without these shows:

1."On My Block"

This Netflix original follows a group of four street-smart friends who are going through high school, figuring out life and navigating the real world. The four friends go through tough obstacles that may test their friendship. Their life is surrounded by a Hispanic and predominately black neighborhood in Los Angeles. Not to mention, it's super hilarious. Hopefully season 2 comes soon because they left us on a crazy cliffhanger.

2. "Jane The Virgin"

This show is currently on The CW Network, but Netflix already has the first four seasons. If you love a funny telenovela show, this one is for you. The show is about how a woman named Jane Villanueva gets artificially inseminated and is a pregnant virgin. Oh, and it's her boss's sperm. Jane has to figure out how she's going to manage to be a mother while working on her writing career. She also develops love interests along the way.

I like the show because it acts like a telenovela and is super suspenseful. Also, it's super hilarious and relatable. It's so hard to talk about the plot without spoiling anything. I guess you'll have to watch to know what I'm talking about.

3. "The Good Place"

This show is about how a woman named Eleanor opens her eyes and realizes that she is in the afterlife. She is told that she is in the "Good Place." Even though she was living in paradise, Eleanor suddenly realizes she is in the Good Place by mistake. With the help of her three friends, Eleanor realizes it's never too late to be a better person, even after death. This show is always suspenseful and you can watch a whole season in 5 hours...or maybe that's me.

4. "Dynasty"

This show also on the CW. A remake of the original 1980s show of the same name, "Dynasty" follows Fallon Carrington, a rich girl in Atlanta, GA, who is navigating her way through life while dealing with a feud between her family, the Carringtons, and the Colby family. Not only does "Dynasty" show the glitz and glam, but it also exposes the fakes, the ugly, and secrets. The ending let me on a huge cliffhanger and I can't wait to see more. Plus, Liz Gillies is a boss.

5. "The Last O.G."

First of all, Tracy Morgan and Tiffany Haddish are the stars of this show, so of course you should give it a chance. This show takes place in the heart of Brooklyn, where a man named Tray goes to jail for 15 years after being set up. After he gets released from prison, he notices the entire neighborhood changed and his girlfriend Shay has moved on to another man. Not only that, Tray finds out he has twins who are enrolled in private school and living a happy life. With the help of his friend Bobby, Tray tries to navigate through Brooklyn to make up for lost time and learn how to live in the real world. I can't wait for season 2 because this show was extremely funny. When two comedians come together, well, need I say more?

6. "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

This comedy is about a girl named Kimmy Schmidt who is rescued from a cult after 15 years and trying to make up for lost time. She navigates the streets of New York in search of a job, an apartment, and a new life. She makes a couple of friends along the way who help her overcome future obstacles.

And if you're wondering why you see all of the Titus gifs and memes, it's from this show. But of course, I had to include this one.

7. "Insatiable"

A high school girl named Patty was bullied for years for being overweight. Now, she finally lost all of the weight and is seeking revenge to get back at those who made her feel bad. She meets an attorney named Bob Armstrong, who is also an aspiring pageant coach. He wants to help Patty become a pageant queen but has no idea how far Patty goes to get it and prove people wrong.

8. "Glow"

If you like 80's themed shows, this one is for you. This Netflix original is about how Ruth, an out-of-work actress living in Los Angeles, gets an opportunity for an acting gig as a wrestler. She and 12 other ladies train for a taped wrestling match and run into obstacles along the way. And it's definitely not easy when Ruth's ex-best friend Debbie joins the team.

9. "Riverdale"

I'm sure this is everyone's favorite. If you like crime, mystery, suspense, romance, and high school drama, this one is for you. I can go on and on, but I'd basically be spoiling the entire show. And boy, it can get messy.

10. "American Horror Story"

This is also a popular one. I like AHS because the goal is to scare you. It can be kind of gory at times, but that's the point, which I love. Every season has a different horror theme. If you like that stuff (and Evan Peters), this one is for you! This show has a lot of famous actors and sometimes can be based on real-life events. That's what makes it even scarier.

11. "13 Reasons Why"

CONTENT WARNING: suicide, rape, self-harm, bullying

I'm sure we all heard of this show and the controversy behind it. But it was a really great show! The ending of season 2 made me so mad because I wanted to know what happens next.

"13 Reasons Why" is about a girl named Hannah Baker who commits suicide due to the bullying and emotional damage the people around her brought her. Before her death, she makes 13 tapes explaining why she killed herself (hence the reason for the title). Each tape is about a different person who is either responsible for her death or who made an impact in her life. After she killed herself, the tapes are passed on to each of the main characters. They try to figure out why this happened and who is responsible. Secrets are spilled and friendships are ruined.

Sometimes, you'll want to throw your laptop across the screen, and sometimes you'll cry. However, if you are sensitive to self-harm, rape, and suicide, this may not be for you. I suggest that you should watch at your own risk but it really opens your eyes about bullying.

12. Orange Is The New Black

This one is another popular Netflix show. Based on a true story, a girl named Piper Chapman gets arrested for 15 months over a drug crime she did with her girlfriend Alex. Piper leaves her whole life behind and has to navigate her way through living in a women's prison. The recent seasons start to get very emotional and will make you angry and full of suspense. Overall, this show is extremely funny and at first, made jail seem like fun. But after watching a few seasons, trust me, it's definitely not. But this is a show worth watching. ALL SIX SEASONS of it.

Honorable Mention: Gossip Girl

I don't feel like I need an explanation for this one. You're going to love this show, I promise.