Dear Netflix, Yes, Of COURSE We're Still Watching

I know the same show has been on for days, please stop asking.

42

Do you even have to ask?

I'm truly offended that you even dare to question if I'm still watching another episode of The Umbrella Academy or The Office. After lying on my bed for 12 hours straight, my eyes glued to my laptop screen, only reluctantly moving to use the restroom or get more snacks, I am indeed still binging the same series for the third time.

That blank screen and those four words never fail to make me take a hard look in the mirror. Seeing your reflection on your screen of choice after having binge watched a whole season of a tv show is not a pretty picture... at all.

My eyes? Tired and irritated.

My hair? Unwashed and a mess on the top of my head.

My outfit? I'm wearing pajamas all day, obviously.

Not only do I completely judge my appearance when that dreaded screen pops up, but I start to question my choices for the day. Could I have done anything else with my day than have a Disney movie marathon? Yeah, probably. I could have probably attempted studying for the test I've been worried about, or I could have started the assignments for my math class that I've been putting off for days. Maybe I could have gone to the gym instead of eating a pint of ice cream or scarfing down a family size bag of chips by myself. Perhaps I could have gone downtown or socialized with friends instead of ignoring texts and invites as I finish another episode.

Netflix, there's no need to ask us if we're still watching — of course we are. Stop making lazy college students feel worse about their lack of productivity. Just let us enjoy our favorite shows and movies without the third degree. Let us waste our Sundays in our jammies so we can recuperate after a long weekend out without all the questioning. Let us stay up way later than we probably should to watch another Big Mouth episode without making us feel the need to turn the app off out of shame.

Alright, so I might be being just a bit dramatic. After all, you're only asking us a simple question. A simple but unnecessary question.

You don't have to worry about us, Netflix. We're perfectly fine and quite content being sprawled out across our couch watching our shows and movies. So just please leave us be so we can finish our next season of whatever show it is that's caught our attention this week.

I don't regret my binging marathons, no matter how many times that cursed question makes me feel like I should reconsider my use of time. Trust me, I will be doing it again and again.

Yes, Netflix, we are still watching. Now please let us watch some more in peace.

Image Source: Quote Catalog