5 of the best Netflix horror movies coming this December

The Best Horror Movies Coming To Netflix This December

A new month, means a new Netflix lineup!

8

Pop a bag of popcorn and grab your coziest blanket because Netflix has unveiled its lineup for the month of December, and there are some pretty fantastic choices on the list.

December may be the time for holiday cheer, that doesn't mean we can't binge watch some horror movies to get us through the holidays, and lucky for us, Netflix has us covered with some old (and one new) horror-themed media.

Here are the top five movies and show you'll want to add to your next marathon.

1. “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: A Midwinter’s Tale”

We've been obsessing over the "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" spin-off since its release back in October, and for good reason. Set to take on a much darker tone than Melissa Joan Hart's beloved teenage witch, Kiernan Shipka's take on the witch is way more menacing and dark. While it's been an adjustment seeing the two witches, we can't lie: we're totally obsessed.

Recently announced, the beloved new witch will be taking on a holiday special, and it will be released just in time for Christmas. With the darker turn, we're pretty excited to see what Sabrina does for the Netflix holiday special.

2. “My Bloody Valentine”

Remakes can be a double-edged sword, especially when it comes to remakes in the horror genre. While most of the time, they can be pretty disappointing, that's not always the case. Take for example the 2009 remake of "My Bloody Valentine," which was a remade version from the 1981 film of the same name.

I may be biased of this movie, just because of a certain Winchester brother making an appearance (you know it's going to be a good film when Jensen Ackles is involved!)

In any case, why not watch a holiday movie during the holidays?

3. Stephen King’s “Children of the Corn”

Stephen King's "Children Of The Corn" is officially on Netflix, and we couldn't be more creeped out. We don't want to spoil the movie, but just take our word for it: this movie will seriously bring on the freights for this holiday season!

4. “Bride of Chucky”

The "Chucky" series has an interesting place in the hearts of the horror community, and while some of these movies just aren't good (perfect example, this one) that doesn't mean horror enthusiasts won't be sitting back and spending time with their families...all the while watching Chucky find his bride.

It's the perfect holiday movie to watch with your family...

5. “Shaun of the Dead”

Christmas is a time that's supposed to be filled with holiday cheer, so why not watch a horror comedy to bring in the Christmas spirit (and the zombie apocalypse!)

What horror movie are you most excited for? Let me know in the comments below!