What is Netflix and Chill?
relationships

Contrary To Popular Belief, Netflix And Chill Is TOTALLY A Valid Date

If it isn't "your thing," you're with the wrong person.

230
https://unsplash.com/photos/2k58cwVzMQI

There have been so many articles written about how girls would rather do X, Y, and Z for a date than Netflix and chill. Pumpkin patches (for my fall lovers), fancy dinners, and walks around a park are all heartfelt. Not to mention very, very cute.

But all of that fancy, cute stuff aside, what about Netflix and chill?

Yes, seriously.

The negative connotation surrounding this dating trend is everywhere, making our generation seem lazy and having a lack of understanding about what dating is. I get it. It's hard to look past the idea for what it is suspected to be. (AKA a way for us millennials who hate communication to go on "dates" and eventually, more than likely, let things turn physical while "The Office" plays in the background.) But what if we gave it the old college try and looked at it for what it is?

You get out of class and a person you like or a person you're dating asks you to come over to watch Netflix. You go over there (hopefully in some comfy clothes), put your phone away, and sit/cuddle with them, talking occasionally.

How is that any different than a movie date? Honestly. Plus, with Netflix and chill, you get to dress down. What's not to like?

I found that, in my relationships, our best "date nights" were our Netflix and chill nights.

We were both able to get comfortable, snuggle, and talk about our day while wearing sweats and eating copious amounts of junk food. We didn't feel the need to be engrossed in our phones to fill awkward silences, because there weren't any. We weren't awkward or uncomfortable. We, simply, coexisted happily for a few hours and at the end of it, we felt as if we had spent quality time together.

All after a Netflix and chill date.

These dates aren't dates for a person who refuses to plan. They aren't dates for "lazy," cheap boyfriends. They aren't excuses to hookup. They're cute, fun, and fulfilling if you handle it properly.

If Netflix and chill dates aren't your thing, you're probably having them with the wrong person.