I needed to stop going.

I needed to stop going.

But I am ready now to take one the world again.

15
I needed to stop going.
Brian Paulson

Dear World,

My name is Emma Paulson and I am human. I know that sounds super shocking! Like how on Earth can someone who for the last year of her life spent almost every waking hour doing something be human? I don't mean to diminish the hard work others do especially those who do more than I. But here is the thing okay, my last honest break that meant no homework, no work, no constantly being around people, was last winter break. Yes, I have worked this break but I could mind that. So here is my breakdown of the last year of my life... From January to January:

1. I took 18 credit hours both semesters and my Fall semester consisted of 18 all upper division level classes.

2. I was the Vice President of Public Relations and Recruitment and also the Public Relations Chairman for my chapter Zeta Pi. In which time I lead my wonderful sisters through a recruitment that doubled our chapter.

3. In the Spring I worked two jobs, on as a student ambassador and one as a Social Media Intern for the local government in my city. (summer came and that was the end of both jobs)

4. During summer I did research for my job the following semester as the Social Media Specialist for the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership.

5. All the while taking 7 credit hours of summer course work.

6. I founded a new club on campus that allows students who are interested in developing advertisement campaigns that can compete against other schools to ultimately show the company the campaign that we have created for them.

7. I am the standing Editor and Cheif for the Odyssey Online for my school.

8. Moved out on my own.

I realize that people do so much more but that is also quite a lot of work because get this, in that time I also maintained my social relationships, passes all my classes, saved money, got the good amounts of sleep, and was able to maintain my health through working out.

I have written an article before "Being on top of your life makes things rough" and people do see me as the person who is always on, never sick or weary, always positive, bright eyed and a little ball of sunshine.

So here you go here is everything I do and I don't regret a second, I love all of it deeply I am that little ball of sunshine because I budget my time, and I also love what I do. I love my degree, my friends, my sisters, my family, and all of my jobs.

I am a firm believer that when you love what you do it is not a burden, I end every day with a smile, yes sometimes I complain but I am human. But my whole point to this article was that I've felt slight judgment from people this break because on my days off I will lay in bed or on the couch all day, watch tv, or read and just do nothing because I feel like I deserve that because even though I love everything I do, it doesn't mean that it is not exhausting. I am mental exhausted and I finally have a break where my mind and body can just sit and relax and I can do it all on my time and my terms.I stopped writing for a solid minute because I just couldn't keep going after a semester where I was writing and edting 7+ articles a week from school and work. So I think that it is valid for me to stop going for once because I am a human and I deserve a break sometimes too.

Sincerely,

The Girl Who Stopped Going