Taylor Swifts 'ME!' Is Exactly What I Needed To Remind Myself It's OK To Be Me

"You can't spell awesome without me."

3651
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwtG0fiDeA_/
Instagram

You can't dent it Taylor Swift is a name you've all heard just about a million times. Whether you like her or you hate her or you don't even think twice about her, you can't dent that she is a huge name in music. Now I get it, you all might be sick of hearing about Taylor Swift this and Taylor Swift, but you need to hear Taylor Swift's newest single, "ME!", featuring Brendon Urie. Trust me, on this one. The song encourages you to embrace your individuality and own it. Plus it's also a just a fun song, with a fun music video.

I don't know about everyone else but this song is exactly what I needed to remind myself that it's okay to act the way I act and to do the things I do, because it's me. I'm not like other people, and that's perfectly fine. Lately, I've been kinda hard on myself for not being like other people, I was starting to think I should just be like everyone else, but now I don't.

I was fine with the way I was before but suddenly there was a shift and I just couldn't get the thought out of my head that I was different from everyone else. But then I heard this song, and honestly I can say that the feeling of questioning who I am as a person, went away so quickly.

Right off the bat I connect to the song. Some of the first lyrics are, "I know that I'm a handful baby. I know I never think before I jump." Like this is me to a tee. I can be a handful and I most times I really don't think before I do something, usually slightly crazy, or open my mouth.

Then the song goes on to say, "I know that I went psycho on the phone, I never leave well enough alone, and trouble's gonna follow where I go". Yes, yes, and yes. I've been there, I've completely lost it over a phone call, and I definitely can't leave well enough alone and trouble probably honestly does follow me.

BUT...then it goes on to say, "I promise that you'll never find another like me, I'm the only one of me. Baby that's the fun of me. You're the only one of you. Baby that's the fun of you, and I promise that nobody's gonna love you like me". Like yes I might be a lot to handle at times, but I love with a deep passion and that's something that not everyone can do.

You get the bad and good with me, I'm not gonna hide or change how I react to things, or change or hide the things I do. Because of all that makes me, me. And if can't accept that, than that's fine, because you know what, I'm totally cool with how I am. And those who really want to be around me, and in my life accept me for me too.

I'm not going to hide who I am, to change who I am to fit in, because then I'd be boring. I'm me and me is awesome. So thanks Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie, for the reminder that it's amazing to just be yourself.