To The People Who Use 'You Need To Eat a Hamburger'

It is not your body.

13
az 616578

To all of the girls out there who have ever been called a "stick, bean pole, bag of bones, etc.." this one's for YOU! Have you ever been told by someone bigger than you that you need to eat a burger because of your size, or lack thereof? You are perfect just the way that you are! So to those who use the phrase,"You should eat a hamburger," there are a couple of things that you should know:

It Is Rude

Just think about it! What if that same person told you that you should NOT be eating a hamburger? Ask yourself this question- Would that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside? No? Exactly. The spectrum goes both ways. All because of you, someone is now self conscious. What happened to empowering, uplifting, and praising of women for who they are no matter what their size? "Behind every successful woman is a tribe of other successful women, who have her back."-Unknown. Never tear another person down or body shame them because of your insecurities.

It Is NOT Your Body

Never judge anyone by their size! "More than 90 percent of girls – 15 to 17 years – want to change at least one aspect of their physical appearance, with body weight ranking the highest." (http://www.heartofleadership.org/) Many teens face anorexia or other eating disorders. Others are just fit and proud of it! Some girls just have a very high metabolism! Do not be that person to make someone feel that they are not enough.

To the Petite Girls Out There

You ARE enough! Never question your self-worth, because you are priceless! Never ask yourself, "To eat or not to eat the hamburger.. that is the question." Go ahead, eat the whole buffet or eat a nibble. Your food intake does not define the beautiful person that you are!

Remember:

Whatever size that you may be, LOVE YOURSELF. Lift others up! Your comment can be the difference between someone's bright smile or the sinking of their self-esteem.