Is All-Natural Skincare The Answer To Your Skin Problems?

Makeup is fun and great, but we have got to make sure we are not neglecting our natural beings.

7
Is All-Natural Skincare  The Answer To Your Skin Problems?

During one of my late-night Instagram trawls, I came across a picture of Keri Hilson’s bare face. Honestly, that was the day (I should say night) I decided to take my skincare seriously!

Her skin is absolutely flawless, like, it’s so breathtaking!

As crazy as it may sound, but Keri Hilson was definitely the catalyst of my skin care journey. Of course, there were other things that influenced me as well.

I went through a very bad season with my skin. I had horrible acne, and extensive scarring. It was a mess just really bad and I honestly had NO choice but to wear makeup. I had accumulated cystic acne because of my poor diet and just really low self-confidence.

Being three months in and pimple free skin, and less acne scarring, I was on the hunt for the next step. The next level, I thought why not use all natural products. Surely, with a cleaner diet and an all natural skin care routine, I can zero in on the things I still want to improve on my skin!

You guys, makeup is fun and great, but we have got to make sure we are not neglecting our natural beings. We all have things that we might consider as “flaws," but with self-care and acceptance and embracing those things your confidence rises and the world will respond accordingly. I love the way I look without makeup now — yes, I look 12; yes, I look even more “Asian persuasion;” yes, I have no eyebrows. But that’s the point. It’s me, take it or leave it.

I'm so fascinated with skin in its natural form because it reacts to what you do to it. If you drink a pint more of water than you usually do, I guarantee you will see a change in your skin. Treating your skin with natural oils and cleansers you will definitely see how your skin responds! Look out for my post on my favorite facial oils!

Nikisha Brunson is an inspiration for anyone who loves authentic, apothecary skin care. She has her own skin care line, Folie, full of natural skin care products and great smelling hair soaps.

Do me a favor, guys, and head over to her website and tell me if you like the products, they are a little costly, only because they are all natural products, but I’m sure you will love them just as much as I do!