Uplift your energy with 6 simple wellness tips.

6 Natural Remedies For Improving Focus And Concentration

Refresh and uplift with these 6 simple and accessible wellness tips.

171

If you spend your days feeling tired, sluggish, or just "off", then this article is for you.

We've all been there, but what do we do when feeling "off" becomes our new "normal"? It's important to visit your doctor to rule out any underlying reasons for having low energy and sluggishness, but everyone can benefit from improving their sleep and diet, and implementing new self-care habits. Improving concentration gives you the energy you need to focus on tasks at hand, manage your emotions, and leaves you with an overall sense of well-being and revitalization. Try out a few tips below and see how your energy level and mood are affected!

1. Start your day with meditation

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrdE7q7nejS/

Whether it's five minutes or 25, starting your day with meditation and moment of intention-setting helps set the foundation for a purposeful day. Even just closing your eyes and focusing for your breath for a few minutes helps start you off on the right foot towards being clear-minded and calm. Try using a meditation app like Headspace or Calm or pulling up a YouTube video.

2. Get your body moving in the morning

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtEh0BonAR8/

Getting your body warmed up and moving in the morning helps you shift out of any feelings of slowness or lethargy. Afterward, you'll feel accomplished and have one more thing you can check off your to-do list! Going for a walk or run, practicing yoga, doing a HIIT or pilates workout, or even just stretching for a few minutes will positively impact your morning.

3. Eat with your brain in mind

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtDLr66HdkB/

Research studies show that foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids are great for brain health and functioning, such as salmon, chia seeds, and walnuts. Additionally, fueling yourself with complex carbohydrates such as oatmeal, over simple carbohydrates like bread, may help you feel more energized in the morning.

4. Refresh with essential oils

https://unsplash.com/photos/0MoF-Fe0w0A

Create your own customized uplifting blend of essential oils by combining your favorite citrus with spearmint or peppermint on a cotton pad and deeply inhaling. You can also purchase formulated blends, use them in a diffuser, or by a room or face spritz.

5. Drink an herbal tea

https://unsplash.com/photos/KECxiL-io1o

Herbal teas that benefit clarity of mind and perception include Gotu Kola, Brahmi, and Tulsi. You can buy herbs in bulk and make your own blends or buy prepared blends from brands like Tazo or Yogi Tea. Please check with your doctor before trying a new herbal tea - some may interact with medications.

6. Clear your space

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtCjC7YlCG9/

Clearing your clutter frees up your mind from unnecessary distractions. You don't have to be the most organized person on the planet, but de-cluttering your space makes it easier to find everything you're looking for, gives you more space to move around, requires less effort to keep up with cleaning, and is one less thing to worry about.