Things Natural Girls Should Know But Probably Don't

5 tips naturals should know.

61
Konbini

Being a Black girl can definitely be difficult. Though it is extremely obvious, our hair and culture is very different and unique. Being natural is tough but it’ll be a breeze when you know what you’re doing and working with. Not everyone can work with natural hair but, you can with a few tips. Going natural is fun, but sometimes, not knowing what to do is a drag. So from one sister to another, I’ll help you guys by giving tips to help your hair to grow strong and healthy.

Tip 5: Leave the “creamy crack” alone

Perming natural hair involves chemicals applied to hair. Yes, it is a ‘good’ way of getting fuller or lush curls, but perming can also severely damage hair and makes it difficult for you to transition back to natural.

Tip 4: Use methods

There are many methods to use when dealing with natural hair. The most popular one is the “L.O.C” method. Start off by co-washing your hair. After that, use a leave-in conditioner, an oil (olive oil, coconut oil, carrot oil, etc), then to enhance your curls, use a curling custard or creme.

Tip 3: Do protective styles

Though wearing your real hair creates a sassy look, you can still sport the #TeamNatural while wearing braids, bantu-knots, twists, or even a sew-in. Plus, wearing a protective style helps your hair grow!

Tip 2: Moister

Black and natural hair gets extremely dry. When it is, it’s best to use hair masks meant for black hair then oiling your scalp afterward.

Tip 1: Don’t let people touch your hair

Self-explanatory, honestly.

Those are just some of the basic tips to grow your beautiful black hair strong and healthy! Try them out!