National Day of ______

National Day of ______

93
National Day of ______

It is hard to miss the Breast Cancer Awareness Months or Pride month. Those two equally worthy causes are widely reported in the news but did you know there is a National Day, week and month of something almost every day?

You can find a complete month by month list of all the National days, weeks and months on the website. http://nationaldaycalendar.com.

The month of June ended with an important awareness day for those who are suffering from PTSD. Not every day is a huge deal like PTSD some are just fun like Sunglass day or talk like a Pirate Day.

In the month of July, we are all familiar with Independence Day on July 4th but then the nation gets to celebrate National Macaroni day on July 7th and then the wonder that is a Slurpee from 7-11 on 7-11. I know our house will celebrate both of these days.

You don’t have to go all out on these Days but knowing the day is celebrating something gives you a reason to have a little fun with dinner plans or social media posts. Some days can raise awareness of important issues and knowing that it is the day for that issue can open up a discussion.

To help with summer parties I am going to help you out with your celebration of National Penuche Day on July 22 below I will share with you a video I made of my Mother making her famous Penuche.

Peanut butter penuche is a family favorite. If you like sugar and peanut butter than it will quickly become a family favorite in your house too.

Check out the National Day Calendar listed above. You can use the days to make memories with loved ones. Sometimes the best memories come from the simplest things. The world is a serious place and the whole adulating thing can get tiring very fast. Some days you just need an excuse to have a little fun. Days like Saturday, July 22nd knowing it is the national junk food can make a normal boring weekend into something fun.

What national days, weeks or Months do you want to celebrate most? Check out the list and leave me your favorite day in the comments.

Happy Summertime

Cindy