Fan-Made Film Shows How Nathan Fillion Is The Perfect Nathan Drake

Fan-made film shows how Nathan fillion is the perfect Nathan drake

Age hasn't made him any less of a heartthrob.

189

An adaptation of the popular video game series "Uncharted" has been in the works for a couple years, with plenty of struggle in finding the perfect actors, writing a script with the right storyline and figuring out the more fictional side of the game. While lovers of the game have been left without a movie thusfar, there is now a short fan-made film for them to enjoy.

Nathan Fillion as the actor is often a no brainer for fans, but, unfortunately, he is too old to play a young Nathan Drake.

Director Allan Ungar created the exact short film we have all been waiting for. While we may have all been wishing it was feature length, Ungar managed to create a near perfect video game to film adaptation.

From "World of Warcraft," "Tomb Raider," and "Assassin's Creed," video game adaptations have proven to be tricky for directors and screenwriters to recreate in live action. Based on Ungar's film, I think it's fair to say that a Hollywood recreation of the game with a big-money director is not what we need.

The first "Uncharted" game launched in 2007, with talk of a possible movie spreading for over a decade now. After 10 years, you may be wondering exactly how far along the production and planning of the film have gotten. Well, director Shawn Levy seems to be the one chosen to take over the project. As far as actors, Tom Holland has been cast to play a clearly younger Nathan Drake, and Bryan Cranston is rumored to also become a part of the cast.

Based on previous video game adaptations and their lack of success, it wouldn't be surprising if the project gets cancelled altogether, and, honestly, it wouldn't be too much of a disappointment for me. It would be better to leave the games without a movie than to create a horrible film that we all remember forever.

Now that Nathan Fillion has shown the world that he can be a near-perfect Nathan Drake, it would be fitting for him to step into the role in a more permanent way; however, his age is one factor that many still cannot get over. Fillion first took over people's hearts in the television series "Firefly." Fillion often plays characters that are slightly too clever for their own good, which fans can agree is perfect for the "Uncharted" series.

Something that has been on my mind for quite a while about the fate of the "Uncharted" film is whether or not it needs to be live action. With the perfect personality found in Nathan Fillion, wouldn't it be safe to assume that using voice actors might be the best way to go? I've always thought that, when a video game gets adapted into a film, it should be kept as CGI or animated. There are too many elements of video games that are highly unrealistic, and, when those scenarios are created in live action, they end up looking ridiculous.

There are plenty of animated movies out there that are full of adventure and danger and "Uncharted" would benefit from that kind of film.