Narrative: My "Bad" Semester.

Narrative: My "Bad" Semester.

Nowhere to go but up.
22

For the first time in my life, I am average.

We all have bad days, but I've had a bad semester. That's right, an entire semester has gone completely awful.

None of my classes grabbed my attention. I was faced with sitting in hour lectures full of valuable information, but my attention span was very short. I found myself dozing off in my political science class and ripping my hair out in my pre-calculus class. I was beyond frustrated.

I am passing all of my classes as of now with A's; except one. This one class has been my demon all semester. I met with the professor, talked about what we are studying, I did the homeworks and the reviews without the slightest struggle. I was fairly confident that I was going to pass this very time consuming, stress inducing course.

I'm not.

I, of course, cried and screamed; then resolved the issue. I am not passing. That's it. I need a C- and I am undoubtedly receiving a D+. I'm okay.

What did the responsible, shookith college student do? She ran to her advisor, in tears. This is where I got a hold on my emotions and realized this happens. I'm not abnormal. I am the baseline. The average.

We discussed my options and figured out a plan so that I can graduate in time. It isn't the end of the world. It's only one class.

Was I broken? Absolutely. Did I question my entire life, my intelligence? YES!!!! But it's only one class. ONE CLASS!

This class isn't my major. It is simply something I must struggle through to get to my overall end goal. I am not any less than I was before.

My GPA will reflect my slip. It will be on my transcript. But I cannot change any of those variables.

What am I going to do? I am going to retake the class and pass! I am going to graduate and do what I've set out on this long, tiring journey to do. I am going to prove to myself that I am not that grade on that piece of paper. I am person with feelings and a person determined to succeed in life.

Go kill finals!