9 Myths About Sex And Sexuality, Busted

9 Myths About Sex And Sexuality, Busted

5. Size matters.

3604
9 Myths About Sex And Sexuality, Busted
123rf

Nowadays, everyone is ready to tell you one thing or another regarding sex, whether it's true or not, and it's become very hard for the average person to know what is right and what is wrong without sitting down to research these things. Here is a list of the most commonly spread untrue myths about sex.

1. A woman's vagina gets "loose" the more men she sleeps with.

2. You can't get pregnant on your period.

A lot of people say you can't get pregnant on your period. This is not entirely true. A woman can get pregnant on her period, but the likelihood of it is very small. Sperm can only live within the fallopean tube for 3-5 days without coming into contact with an egg, and typically women don't ovulate for at least 7 following their period.

3. Not all women have a G-spot.

According to modern research done by sexologists (yes, thats a real thing!), only about 10% of women actually have a G-spot! So if you don't have one, no worries!

4. Every woman has the same cycle length.

The average length of a menstrual cycle is 28 days,but this is not a set in stone cycle. Some women have shorter cycles, others have longer cycles. It all depends on your body, and what it's normal is!

5. Size matters.

A lot of people like to compare men's penis sizes, but guess what?? The size of a man's penis has no correlation to how he is sexually! How a man performs sexually is all based on him, as well as his own personal knowledge regarding sex. And some experience wouldn't hurt.

6. Using two condoms is safer.

Everyone has been told at least once that using two condoms is "double-y safe" but THIS COULD NOT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. Two condoms will cause more friction, which can subsequently cause the condoms to both break.

7. Sexuality is black and white.

So many people say that sexuality is a black and white. They say you're bi, or you're gay, or pansexual, and they are always making it so people feel the need to pick a label. What nobody realizes is that sexuality is a spectrum. The spectrum was developed by Alfred Kinsey in 1948. It is a scale that goes from 0 (heterosexual) to 6 (homosexual). Over half of the population do not fit into a specific category, and fall more specifically onto a spectrum.

8. Only men masturbate.

Many people assume that masturbating is natural for men, but unnatural for women. This could not be more wrong. Over half of women masturbate. Humans are naturally sexual beings, and masturbation is an entirely natural action.

9. Women can't like sex/Only men think about sex.

Just like masturbation is a natural act, so is sex! A woman is perfectly allowed to want sex just as much as a man, and women should not be shamed for wanting sex.

Sex is an activity that requires some education on what is best for you. Always stay safe and informed about sex and the myths surrounding sex!