My New Year's Resolution

My New Year's Resolution

Here's to making 2018 the best year yet!

52
My New Year's Resolution

Every year, I make a list of things that I would like to work on improving in myself. Whether it be bigger things like losing weight or smaller things like giving out compliments more often, I think it is important to establish new goals with the new year.

This year has been a year of personal growth for me. I can't say it's been one of my best years yet, but I definitely have learned a lot about myself this year. I hope to further this personal growth and change with the new year. That's why my New Year's resolution is going to be a little bigger this year.

Usually my New Year's resolutions consist of going to the gym more often, eating less sugar, spending less money, etc. I seem to always fall off the wagon with these after the first month or so. This year I decided to do things differently and I am going to focus more on self-care: mentally and physically.

My more shallow New Year's resolutions were good in regards to health and wellness, but they were too shallow. I think with this year I am going to notice the benefits, which will make it easier to stick with.

Specifically, I plan on meeting this goal of self-care and encouraging self-growth by a change in my attitude. I know this isn't necessarily an easy task and will not happen overnight, but I am willing to make small changes every day to make this change a reality.

Overall, I hope to have a more positive attitude and not fall into cynicism like I often do. I want to experience life more, get more involved, put my phone down, and not be afraid of failure. I want to live every day to it's fullest potential because I have noticed myself feeling lazy and feeling like I have wasted a day. I think this will lead to an increase in my productivity and energy.

With these changes, I hope that more shallow goals like going to the gym more, eating less unhealthy food, etc. will be easier to accomplish. I am definitely going big this year with my resolution. I may fail from time to time, but I hope that this will help make 2018 my best year yet!

Happy New Year everyone!