An Open Letter To God

An Open Letter To God

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him" -Psalms 34:8

14
An Open Letter To God
google images

Dear God,

As you don't already know, I cannot begin to thank you enough for all that you've done for me. You care so much about me, even though I am only a little human. You are the same God who created the galaxies and oceans, and still, you gave me life. Although I don't have much to contribute to you, you show me love and mercy anyway. When I think of you, Lord, and I know I'm doing something good, the void in my heart fills with great pride and joy. That is because I am doing your work. Nothing else feels as good as the way it does when I know I am trying to live by your words. Since I am only human, and I make careless mistakes, I ask for your help as I grow old in this world.

"I took my troubles to the Lord, I cried out to him and he answered my prayer" -Psalms 120:1

Please help me become a better version of myself so that I may become the person you have created me to be. I still struggle between my heart's true desires to become a child of your word and societies standards, because I care too much about what others think of me. Help me not to stray from you but find you in everything I do and help me embrace the unique qualities you have blessed me with.

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he shall give you the desires of your heart" -Psalms 37:4

I am praying and trying to be the best daughter, friend and sister. Help me to learn to accept and love others, as I am not always kind. I have become wrapped in gossip, foul language, and materialistic things, and that is not the kind of person I want to be. Help me build lasting friendships with you as the foundation, because you are forever. I ask you, God, to help me see all the beauty of your creations, to see beyond the physical appearances, and to love like you have loved me.

The Lord does not look at the things that people look at, he looks at the heart. Judgement prevents us from seeing the good that lies beyond the appearances

"Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience" -Colossians 3:12

Lord, lead my way, because your plans are far better than the plans I have for myself. I pray for directions to follow those plans and patience to wait on it and knowledge to know when it comes.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, plans to not harm you but to give you hope and a future" -Jeremiah 29:11

You are my all in all; I need you God. Every second, day, year of my life. You're the reason for my life; I am yours and you are mine. I hope that by writing this, I can spread the power and greatness of your plans and everlasting love so that others may find joy and happiness in you. I ask for your guidance in my journey of faith

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, You are mine." -Isaiah 43:1