My Zoom University Essentials

My Zoom University Essentials

Everything I've found that I needed to help me survive college classes from the comfort of my bedroom.

68
My Zoom University Essentials

When most of us imagined going to college, we imagined large lecture halls filled with people not computer screens filled with grey boxes. It's safe to say that Zoom University has been a bit of a change that has been difficult to become adjusted to and staying motivated and organized can be difficult. While I am no expert in organization, I have come up with four essentials that have allowed me to stay on top of my school work and get me through the fatigue of being on Zoom for five to six hours a day.

A Three Subject Notebook

images.pexels.com

Three subject notebooks have honestly been my best organizational tool at college thus far. I used to be someone who took all of my notes on looseleaf and then had binders where I would put my notes into and they would always get lost or mixed up and I never wanted to commit to a notebook because I thought they were a waste of space but ever since buying a three subject notebook, I am so much happier. The pockets are great for the random print outs your professor assigns and unless you take an insane amount of notes, there is enough paper to last you an entire semester. If you are a loose leaf binder person, I urge you to drop the binder and start using a three subject notebook.

Some Sort Of Calendar or Planner

images.pexels.com

I am not a planner person nor will I ever be however, I've had to become one because the amount of times I've almost missed an assignment because I forgot to check Canvas is embarrassing. Having a planner has made my life a lot easier in that I no longer have to frantically check Canvas twelve times a day and am able to know what I have to get done and when my exams are. If you don't want to invest in a planner or calendar, sticky notes are also a good option because you can stick them on your computer which forces you to look at it every time you open your computer to watch Netflix.

A Pencil Case

images.pexels.com

Ever since my sophomore year of high school when I went to my Geometry test without a pencil and had to take it using the girl behind me's pen, I have used a pencil case. Especially in the era of Zoom University where I am always taking notes, having an endless supply of pens and pencils right beside me has been really helpful and I recommend getting one to anyone who is like me and can't trust themselves to put a pencil or a pen in their backpack. Even using a hair tie or rubber band around a bunch of pencils is a good alternative and will make you so much more organized in the long run.

Gum

images.pexels.com

Sometimes caffeine isn't enough and I get very tired while watching a lecture so I've started chewing gum while in class in order to help me stay awake. I didn't really have this problem with in person classes because I could never fall asleep in a lecture hall but ever since online classes, my focus and motivation have decreased which make me more tired no matter how much coffee I drink. Spearmint gum by Extra is my go to because the Mint taste helps me to stay alert but honestly, any flavor could work.

While Zoom University has been a major change and staying motivated is difficult, these four tips have kept me organized and alert and have allowed me to succeed. I miss in-person classes and honestly can't wait for the day I get to sit in a lecture hall again but until then, I'm fine with taking classes from the comfort of my bedroom. I hope these tips were helpful and happy Zooming!