My World Already Is

My World Already Is

A home isn't always four walls and a window; a home for me is two arms and a golden heart to call mine.

11
Sebastian Sanchez

If you’re the kind of person who picks flowers out of the ground, plant new ones instead. What good is there in ripping something so delicate from our planet Earth? If you’re the kind of person who leaves the curtains shut all morning, try opening those curtains every now and then. What good is there in not letting a little sunshine kiss you into a new day? If you’re the kind of person to open the door just for yourself, try leaving the door open for others as you walk in. What good is there in not paying forward a gentle act of kindness? That’s exactly what we need more of in this world- kindness. With all the hate this world creates, maybe we can try patching up those bleeding wounds with some kindness. When you look around and see all the chaos we live in, you can’t help but feel the fear and sadness swelling around you and congesting your thoughts. It’s the simple things like planting the loveliest flowers, opening the curtains, and leaving the door open that can make our planet a better place to call home.

I don’t call Earth my home. You are my home, my world. I can plant new flowers in your heart instead of picking them out like every other guy did to you, just so he could give those flowers to another girl. I’ll make sure your flowers are well cared for, and I would never even think about tearing them away from you. Just like the curtains, I’ll move your hair to the side to expose your smile that is the sun. I know you’re not a morning person, which is maybe why you like to wear your hair down to keep everyone from seeing your insecure smile, but I want to wake up every morning for the rest of my life and find your smile as my sunrise. I would happily open the door for you, as long as we close the doors behind us and open new ones together. It won’t matter what happened behind those closed doors, so long as we open new doors for the future we have together.

Truth is, you are my getaway. I love to call you my home away from home because this world around us is terrifying, but the world keeps spinning and spinning, day by day. It’s astonishing how this world can keep spinning and spinning and spinning with all the cruel injustice taking place. So spin with me for the next thousands of years those stars in your eyes live for, because just by looking into your eyes, I feel as if we’ve been spinning forever now. So go ahead and plant new flowers, leave the door for others, and open your curtains. I promise you’ll find your world a better place to live in, because my world already is.