My Visions Of My Future
Life Stages

My Visions Of My Future

When you close your eyes and think of what will be, what do you see?

171
https://www.flickr.com/photos/143106192@N03/43525761444/in/photolist-29jdUsQ-4HT6QX-2eRFjxH-qMUCCJ-7EBb88-KZCUgJ-comfE7-AQx6VP-25Jt3YU-5z9C6h-hG32R-HEeG1-cugiyw-YSAXNj-76JU7L-fnrSpv-avpbjt-6irZNQ-nD9sa-nD9UY-Wkqm7b-6kqAUD-4tyrVv-dpLeZw-cySj5u-f8zn77-nDac5-cySihA-cySf7U-nD9hp-cza12U-ovBo1E-nD9Ap-TSAr6E-hF9ZC3-UVmaEd-mXmfN2-8jiuL2-6j7QGH-6uYJet-8FhLT6-8nvkU6-oF41kF-bq35wt-TgNko5-eW1hVF-Rwceag-8L6VN8-8vLzoY-eiXF4U

When life gets rough and I want to stop trying, or I get so stressed I can't even anymore, I find that thinking of what I want for my future helps. When I can see what I am working towards I have more motivation to get stuff done. And I know that things in my future won't be exactly as I envision or that my wishes may change, but at that moment that is what I strive for.

With that being said, here is a list of what I see when I close my eyes and think about my future.

1. Job

When I think about what my future will hold I always see myself as a teacher. As I am currently in college to become an elementary school teacher I would say that I am on the right track. After a full semester in my major, I can't imagine being anywhere else and that part of my future isn't as blurry anymore. I can see the classroom and the students and the late nights and early mornings and I can't wait.

2. Dwelling

This part of my future isn't as iron clad. I know that I want to live in either an apartment or a townhouse but I am not one hundred percent sure which one. I know that I want to teach in either Lee or Collier county so I will just have to wait until it is closer to the time that I will have to leave campus housing and make a decision based on location and price.

3. Travel

I know that I definitely want to travel before I settle down and start a family. I want to see different places all over the globe and doing so with children would be next to impossible. So that is something that I will have to do early on once I finish college. I think the first place I will go is back to Europe, maybe visit Florence.

4. Love

While I am not super confident in this area of my life I know eventually I want to get out there and find someone that I can spend the rest of my life with. Considering I have never had a boyfriend and have no experience in finding one or even flirting for that matter, I am unsure as to how I will start this endeavor. But I know that this is definitely something I want for myself in the future.

5. Children

Now this will definitely be a long way down the road, but I know that one thing that I was meant to be is a mother. I have always felt like the mother of my friend groups, hell, I mother my own mom sometimes. It was a role that I was born to take and sometime down the line, I will be ready to start that chapter in my life.

6. Pets

Leonard

Kayla Resler

Growing up, I always had pets. I can't imagine a future where I don't have at least one. I currently have a guinea pig named Leonard and he is my baby. But when I picture my future I always see a cat in the mix. Because my stepdad is allergic I haven't been able to have one in a really long time, so once I am able to I plan to adopt one from a shelter.

No matter what happens between now and then or what changes, I know that my future will be bright. I have a lifetime of happiness waiting for me and I can't wait.