My Top Ten Country Songs

My Top Ten Country Songs

My childhood was full of great music, but these were my favorite.
7

There is no doubt that country music has taken a turn in recent years. It's added a little more rhythm, and most of the time it works. But, there is just something about the songs that I grew up with that just pulls me into my happy place. And it's hard to believe that next year a few of these will be a decade old.

1. Daddy's Money by Ricochet

A song that I have loved since the day I heard it. Every time it comes on my radio you better believe that the volume goes up. There isn't a car ride that lasts longer than 5-10 minutes that this song doesn't come on. It's my jam, and is made so much better when my friends sing it with me.

2. Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina

The ultimate road trip song. One day I dream of looking at my husband, boyfriend, or best friends, flipping a coin, and taking off. Jo sets the best perfect example for road tripping with the girls, or with your significant other. Early Spring Break anyone?

3. Cowgirls Don't Cry by Brooks N Dun ft. Reba

A song that makes me cry every time I hear it. Country girls are said to be "Daddy's Girls" and this song proves it.

4. Remind Me by Braid Paisley ft. Carrie Underwood

Who else thought this duo was married after this song hit the radio? For sure I did!

5. Cowboy Take Me Away by Dixie Chicks

We all dream about being taken away by that special guy ladies. And there is no doubt that for most of us, it is the cowboy that we long to have. Bring me closer to heaven, and closer to you.

6. A Love Without End Amen by George Straight

No questions asked, George Straight is the king of country music. Each song he sings touches my heart one way or another. But, this one holds a special place in my heart. My daddy used to sing it to me and my siblings. A song that each parent can relate to.

7. Gunpowder and Lead by Miranda Lambert

"Sugar and spice and everything nice that is what little girls are made of. No. Gunpowder and lead. THAT'S what little girls are made of." My favorite Miranda quote ever. But you better believe some of us were singing that song saying that would be us one day.

8. That's What I Love About Sunday by Craig Morgan

I don't think that Craig got enough credit for the songs he wrote. International Harvester and this song were two of my favorites growing up, and still are. Every chorus holds a dream I have for a Sunday with my future family.

9. Moments by Emerson Drive

Talk about puling at the feels. I love this song, for the raw emotion in it. An old man, a man who thinks his life isn't worth living, it reminds us that we all have our own moments. Moments of victory, moments of self-doubt, and moments of failure. And that it's okay, that the moment shall pass.

10. Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under by Shania Twain

I love this song for the sheer fact that the chorus gets stuck in my head. I hear it, and boom it's in my head for hours, if not days on end. I can bust out randomly into song and remember every word. I mean, who doesn't like a good Shaina song every now and then?