My Top Halloween Picks For The Season

My Top Halloween Picks For The Season

Movies and and shows that give me Halloween fever!

5
Alexas_fotos

Halloween is absolutely positively 100 percent hands-down no lie my favorite holiday EVER.

It's actually more of a season rather than a holiday for me. The minute the leaves start to fall and the temperature begins to drop, Halloween starts. I love everything about this special day. I love the scary stories, haunted houses, pumpkin carving, costume picking, candy eating, and most of all, the movie watching! Halloween movies just make me happy. Whether I'm watching a Disney classic, or a straight up horror film, I love cuddling up with a big warm blanket and turning off the lights to indulge in Halloween-themed movie after movie after movie.

In fact, every year when the month of October begins, I have to watch a Halloween movie every night leading up to the 31st! Now, I wouldn't consider myself a Halloween movie expert, I just wanted to share some, in my opinion, really great Halloween picks in case any of you needed some ideas to help get you more in the Halloween spirit. So, without further a do, here are my top picks for the season!

Family Friendly/Animated Movies (My Favorite!)

1. Halloweentown- This includes all of them! There are four movies total: Halloweentown, Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge, Halloweentown High, and Return to Halloweentown.

2. Monster House

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas

4. Hocus Pocus

5. The Haunted Mansion

6. Twitches- And Twitches Too!

7. Goosebumps-You can watch the movie, or all of the episodes. Whatever you choose, ALL of these options are on Netflix!

8. Mom's Got a Date With a Vampire

9. Casper the Friendly Ghost

10. R.L. Stine's Mostly Ghostly- There are two of these movies, and they are both on Netflix!

11. Hotel Transylvania- There are two of these movies, and the second one is on Netflix!

12. The Addams Family- This movie is on Netflix!

13. Scooby-Doo- There are two of these movies and they are both on Netflix!

14. The Corpse Bride- This movie is on Netflix!

15. The Goonies

Scary Movies

1. Halloween- Duh! There are actually eight of these movies, so that's a marathon in itself!

2. The Amityville Horror- This movie (the remake) is on Netflix!

3. The Shining

4. Jennifer's Body

5. Annabelle- Amazon Prime!

6. Hostel-There are three of these movies!

7. The Last Shift- This movie is on Netflix!

8. The Blair Witch Project

9. Paranormal Activity- There are five of these movies!

10. The Conjuring- There are two of these movies!

11. Scream- There are four of these movies, and the second one is on Netflix!

12. Drag Me to Hell

13. The Babadook- This movie is on Netflix!

14. The Lazarus Effect- This movie is on Netflix!

15. A Nightmare on Elm Street

16. Friday the 13th- There are ten total movies in this collection!

Movies/Shows To Get Your Halloween Started

1. Harry Potter- There are eight movies in this collection

2. Supernatural (TV Show)- There are eleven seasons on Netflix!

3. Goosebumps (TV Show)- There are four seasons plus specials on Netflix!

4. Scary Movie- There are five of these movies, and the second, third, and fifth one's are on Netflix!

5. American Horror Story (TV Show)- There are five seasons on Netflix!

6. R.L. Stine's Haunting Hour (TV Show)- There are two seasons on Netflix!

7. Matilda

There are plenty, and I mean PLENTY more movies and TV shows out there that are perfect for the Halloween season, but these are just my top picks and recommendations, and favorites, of course! It doesn't matter what show or movie you watch, so long as you watch one that brings out your inner Pumpkin King!