If you have TikTok, then you already know what's happening- or I guess, what happened. There was a huge trend going around where people were trying "whipped" coffee, otherwise known as Dalgona coffee. For those of you who don't know, Dalgona is a Korean word that means "honeycomb toffee," and it titles this type of coffee because when it's whipped, it gives it a sweeter taste.
This trendy beverage is actually rather easy to make. All it takes is granulated sugar, hot water, and instant coffee powder. You measure out these three ingredients and put them in a bowl. Then, you mix them at a high speed to makes sure all three ingredients are whipped evenly. You then pour your new, frothy mix on top of an iced cup of black coffee. Voila- Dalgona coffee.
Since everyone was locked up due to the coronavirus, people got excited to try things! Naturally, specialty coffee blew up TikTok. As an avid TikTok-er and coffee drinker myself, I had to hop on board. I whipped my coffee, and I enjoyed it.
Except, it really wasn't that magical.
Don't get me wrong, it's not bad. There's a lot of sugar in it, and it's a very sweet joe, but I like the taste of coffee. Dalgona coffee is essentially a fancy frappuccino. I might order it at a coffee bar, but I don't think I would ever go through to trouble to make myself one cup again.
- TikTok Recipes That Will Not Disappoint ›
- I Tried The Famous Whipped Coffee, And I Don't Get The Hype ›
- What is whipped coffee, the TikTok trend? ›
- How to Make Dalgona Coffee: Viral Tik Tok Whipped Coffee Recipe ... ›
- How to Make Whipped Coffee (Dalgona Coffee) + Tips - Jessica in ... ›
- i made the tiktok whipped coffee - YouTube ›
- Whipped Coffee Is the Viral TikTok Trend You've Got to Try | Taste of ... ›
- TikTok's Whipped Coffee Recipe - Coco and Ash ›