The Thank You My Parents Deserve

The Thank You My Parents Deserve

To the many reasons I am thankful

43
The Thank You My Parents Deserve
amanda lyn burton

My, “Thank You."

I was sitting in bed as I began to think about what actually was going on in my life. I have my own apartment and my freshman year of college is officially over. With that being said, I owe my parents a huge THANK YOU!

How does one even begin to express the amount of gratefulness and love they have for the two people in their lives that have given them everything? Thank you for every opportunity you have given me, for never giving up on me, for loving me, and for helping me become the person I am today. If it wasn't for the both of you, I definitely would be lost. Your support and strength has guided me to where I am now, and I will forever be grateful for that. Life is crazy and moves by so fast. I remember playing catch in the backyard for hours on end, or annoying you (mom) as I watched Spongebob every morning before school, like it was yesterday.

I never thought the day would come where I would find a college I loved, moved into my own dorm (and now even have my own apartment), and leave the two of you. The fact that I am officially a sophomore in college now scares me. Where did the time go? When did I get so old? The more I sit here and think about my life, I begin to realize how much alike I am to the both of you, and that I am turning into you guys. Mom, when I think about you and how I am so similar to you, I think about the kindness in your heart, the forgiveness in your soul, and your ability to show love to anyone (yes that means Bailey too!). Thank you for all the times you took in my friends as your own child, for listening to our loud sleepovers all of those years, and for being our chauffeur every time we wanted to go somewhere. I know you never liked staying up late to pick us up, but look...I know you miss it now! So I thank you, for letting me follow in your footsteps and making me realize that I can do anything I set my mind to.

Thank you for listening to the drama in my life and teaching me to always be nice to people because you never know what they are going through. You have made me into the strongest girl, and I hope you are proud of yourself because you have done an amazing job at being my mother. Now onto Dad. Thank you for giving me a sense of humor, and always making me laugh even when that’s the last thing I want to do. You have taught me that laughter truly is the best medicine. Thank you for giving me such a warm and open-armed heart. You are a big part of many people’s lives, and I am so lucky to have a father that is loved by so many people. Thank you for spending countless amounts of hours playing catch with me all of those years. Those are memories that I will cherish forever. Thank you for never giving up on me, and making sure I knew that whatever I did in life, was always good enough in your eyes. I wouldn’t bet such a caring, loving, and “always there to help anyone”, type of person if it wasn’t for you so I thank you for that. Not only have you made me such a caring person, but you also have made me someone who gives everything their all. I watch as you put your heart into everything you do, and I learn from it. No matter what it is, from coaching softball, to working, to playing games with the family, you give it 110% and never back down. I appreciate everything you have done for me throughout the years, and thank you for it all. Without you, I truly do not know if I would have half of the strength and motivation I do today.

Now to the both of you, thank you for everything that both of you have done for me.

I would definitely not be where I am today if it wasn't for the two of you. I appreciate everything you guys have ever done for me, and I hope one day I am somehow able to repay you. You have given me chances to do things that you yourselves never had, and that is something that means the world to me. Thank you for believing in me always. You never gave up on me no matter what and were always there to give me the push I needed at anytime. You helped me get through so much throughout my past 18 years, and I am forever grateful for that. The both of you have taught me that life is hard, no doubt about it, but that does not mean we quit. You guys have helped me step out of my comfort zone and learn new things about myself everyday. I can only pray that one day I am able to give my kids everything you’ve given me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I love you guys,

Xoxoxo.