6 Things On My Sunday Checklist

6 Things on My Sunday Checklist

A few tips and tricks to lessen the Sunday scaries that may occur every week for a college student.

167
6 Things on My Sunday Checklist

Six things that I like to complete or check off on my Sunday.

1. Sleep In

As simple as it is, sleeping in always makes me feel a lot more refreshed. Sunday is the best day of the week to do this.

2. Attend Mass

I often regret not making enough time to go to church on Sunday. It only takes one hour so there shouldn't be any excuses. After attending and listening to the message closely, I always feel much more relaxed and self-aware. This is a good way to reflect before the upcoming week.

3. Plan Out The Week Ahead

I am one of those people who lives by their planner. Writing everything down, staying organized and making a checklist helps me to stay on track throughout the week. This also helps relieve the stress of over planning and forgetting to do something.

4. Work Out

On Sundays, I normally just want to lay in bed and have a "do nothing day". Finding the motivation to go to the gym and get a workout in, not only makes me feel better overall, but helps me sleep that night as well.

5. Make Time for Phone Calls

During the week when I'm busy with school, work and all sorts of stress, it is hard to find time to call loved ones. Over the weekend is when I try to call my parents, siblings and grandparents to catch up. A few minute phone call can make me a little less homesick and possibly make someone's day a little brighter.

6. Do the Dreaded Homework

Getting the worst homework assignment done early or studying for a few hours makes the week ahead seem a lot more bearable. The hardest part is finding motivation to get focused on a Sunday, but once you do, you won't regret it.

All of these tips can make your Sunday and week ahead a little better.