My Summer 2k16 Mixtape

My Summer 2k16 Mixtape

Summer isn't summer if you don't have some killer tunes to jam out to! So I conjured up a list of some of my favorites this summer.

10
My Summer 2k16 Mixtape
Good Fon

Summer is all about rolling the windows down, cranking up the radio and just embracing the warm weather. These are the perfect moments to lose our voices from singing along to the music at the top of our lungs as we're heading off to the beach for a perfect day of relaxation. Music plays a major role in anyone's summer. Whether you're in the car, at the beach, out at the pool or at a cookout, no summer event is complete without music.

I know for me personally, my summer tends to fill up with concert after concert, which I love! Who wouldn't want to spend countless summer nights with friends listening to music live and having a blast?! Concerts will forever be one of my favorite parts of my summers. Whether it's seeing Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean to Taylor Swift, Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato or even going to the Vans Warped Tour or the much anticipated Blink 182 tour (which I've been waiting for for eons!), I've been to many and I wouldn't trade it for the world. (And because some of these are concerts I've been to this summer, be prepared to see some of these artists filling up my playlist).

Now, I know everyone out there has some sort of playlist that they've got going on with their perfect summer go-tos and songs specifically for Summer 2016. I know I sure do, so I figured I might as well grace the world with my own personal Summer 2k16 Playlist (or Mixtape as the cool kids may call it).

(P.S. Yes, there will in fact be country music on this playlist because summer is all about country!)

#Summer2k16

1. "The Middle" - Jimmy Eat World

Of course, there will be some songs that should be on everyone's summer playlist every single year. This is one of my favorite songs of all time and will forever be a part of my summer playlists no matter what.

2. "Ocean Avenue" - Yellowcard

Same goes for this one. Everyone knows it. Everyone listens to it. And everyone should have it on their summer playlists. No questions asked. But wait, one question: Is it even summer without a little Yellowcard? No. So add it to your playlist ASAP.

3. "Summer Girls" - LFO

One of my all time favorite songs in the history of the world. Everyone knows all the lyrics, and if you don't, well you better study up!

4. "Semi Charmed Life" - Third Eye Blind

5. "Rock Show" - Blink 182

6. "Always Summer" - Yellowcard

7. "Bacon" - Nick Jonas

8. "Running For You" - Kip Moore

9. "Huntin', Fishin' And Lovin' Every Day" - Luke Bryan

10. "In Too Deep" - Sum 41

11. "Jealous" - Nick Jonas

12. "Check Yes Juliet" - We The Kings

13. "Noise" - Kenny Chesney

14. "Closing Time" - Semisonic

15. "Snapback" - Old Dominion

16. "Teacher" - Nick Jonas

17. "Feeling This" - Blink 182

18. "Me, Myself & I" - G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha

19. "Cool for the Summer" - Demi Lovato

20. "Beer Can in a Truck Bed" - Old Dominion

21. "Champagne Problems" - Nick Jonas

22. "What's My Age Again" - Blink 182

23. "Sell Out" - Reel Big Fish

24. "Home Alone Tonight" - Luke Bryan

25. "Waterfalls" - TLC

26. "Humble And Kind" - Tim Mcgraw

27. "Save Tonight" - Eagle Eye Cherry

28. "Uptown Girl" - Billy Joel

29. "Single for the Summer" - Sam Hunt

30. "Shut Up and Dance" - Walk the Moon

31. "Vacation" - Thomas Rhett

32. "Countdown" - Beyonce

33. "Shake it Off" - Taylor Swift

34. "Ex to See" - Sam Hunt

35. "Beat of the Music" - Brett Eldrege

36. "Want to Want Me" - Jason Derulo

37. "Dirt Road Anthem" - Jason Aldean

38. "Sorry" - Justin Beiber

39. "Bad Blood" - Taylor Swift

40. "Honey, I'm Good" - Andy Grammer

41. "Saturday Night" - Sam Hunt

42. "T-Shirt" - Thomas Rhett

43. "Move" - Luke Bryan

44. "Love on Top" - Beyonce

45. "Roses" - Chainsmokers

46. "Send Me On My Way" - Rusted Root

47. "Vice" - Miranda Lambert

48. "One Call Away" - Charlie Puth

49. "Party in the USA" - Miley Cyrus

50. "Summertime" - Kenny Chesney

As you can tell, I have a very very diverse music taste, and I'm totally OK with it. I love a good country song but also a good alternative song where I can feel a bit edgy. Summer is all about being adventurous and just having fun, so we should all to try to listen to some new music, share some new findings with our friends and make memories.

Music is powerful. It makes us feel alive and happy. So get out there, crank up the tunes and bust a move.