My 2019 Summer Bucket List

A Summer Bucket List, By A Working College Gal, For The Working College Gal

What time is it? Summertime!

85
Makayla Castle

Finally! The end of the semester is here and it's time for some fun in the sun and that is exactly what I promise myself for this summer. Fun, despite two summer classes and working full time. Therefore, I am vowing to myself to have the best summer ever and complete this bucket list.

Spend an entire day at the pool

Lucky for me, my family has our own personal pool. During the summer, I typically work and cannot spend much time in or by the pool. So, this summer, I plan on spending at least one full day by the pool listening to music, tanning, and drinking an ice cold drink.

Host a bonfire with my closest friends

There's nothing better, or screams summer, more than a good ole wiener roast with your closest buds. Of course, there will be s'mores too!

Go on an ice cream date with that special someone

Ice cream is the perfect end to a long, hot summer day. But, what's hotter? The temperature outside or my date?

Go on a shopping spree with my best friend

After working most of the summer, it's nice to be able to spend that hard earned money and treat yourself. You better believe I want to go on a shopping spree with my best friend this summer.

Have a water balloon fight

Take me back to my childhood when we would tie water balloons until our fingers were raw. Nothing is more fun than having a water balloon fight! Plus, I love to test my lack of athletic skills.

Go to a fair/carnival

I'm a sucker for a lemon shakeup and gyro from the state fair. It's a family tradition to go every summer around my birthday, and I am looking forward to checking this off the summer bucket list!

Go to the beach

In Central Illinois, there are zero beaches. Luckily, my family has planned a trip to Florida for the summer. Therefore, I plan to go to the beach, drink a piña colada and feel the sand on my feet.

Do a random act of kindness

Whether I pay for the order of the person behind me or volunteer at a local animal shelter, we should always be kind to others. This summer, I want to show my kindness by participating in a random act of kindness.

Watch the sunset

Although Illinois may be flat and have little to offer in terms of entertainment, the state does provide some beautiful sunsets. I hope to watch a sunset and really take in the beauty of my home state.

Go to a drive-in movie

Going to the movies is a fun and great date night or girls night out. However, to up the movie going, I plan to go to the local drive-in movie theater. There is just something about snuggling up in your own car to catch a flick.

Although three months may seem like a long time, summer will fly by. Therefore, I want to make the most out of it and enjoy time with my family and friends soaking up the heat and splashing in the water!