My Real-Life Doppelgänger

My Real-Life Doppelgänger

My doppelgänger, my person, my friend.

53
My Real-Life Doppelgänger

I never knew true friendship till her, never knew how someone could have a friend they trusted with everything in them. I grew up having been told I looked similar to a few of my friends, I just have a common face I suppose, but it wasn't until my freshman year in college that I met someone who could legitimately be my twin. A few people had told me I looked like her but I brushed it off as another person I looked similar to. It wasn't until I went to bingo on a Friday night that we met. I was very shocked at first, it was as if looking in a mirror. I didn't see her for a week after that but when I did, I was surprised at where.

That next Friday, I went to a meeting to meet people who were putting on a dance show that semester. I got there early since I was very particular about being on time. When I sat down, I just so happen to sit down next to the girl that could have been my twin, and we to this day still get asked that.

Through the years we got closer and closer and learned more and more about each other. The only differences we have manage to find so far are our different colored eyes, she's a bit more pale than I am, and she has naturally curly hair while mine is straight. The confusion was so bad even my parents got confused!

With us both dancing, sometimes I would have to remind my family that I was the one not wearing her glasses. I once even thought my reflection was her when I was sleepily looking at a window in the dining hall after a dance rehearsal. People would confuse us on campus all the time, I'd get waved at from people I didn't even know. To be fair, we have a lot in common, and it was more than just our looks. We have the same interest, same major, and almost the exact same personality. It's as if we were clones.

I never thought doppelgängers were real, just some thing of myths and the supernatural, but I suppose we all have that person out there for us. We might not get along with them but they're still out there in the world and maybe there is more than one, but I am very grateful to have met my doppelgänger.