My Reaction To 'The Bachelorette' Finale

The heart can only take so much.

8
ibtimes.co.uk

Let me just start off by saying, that "The Bachelorette" never fails to consume my life, Monday's, summer's, and thoughts. This summer was no different, but perhaps, a bit worse. I've had a soft spot for Jojo since Ben's season and I was undeniably thrilled when she was announced as the next Bachelorette. I love her. She reminds me of a way, way, way better-looking version of myself. She's literally me, but she's hot. She tells it like it is, she keeps it real, and she isn't afraid to get to the tough stuff and ask the hard questions. (Something I'm not as good at.)

So, with my large support for Jojo already before the season even began, I knew an attachment was brewing. So, going into this finale, I was very very excited. I was also an adamant Jordan supporter from literally episode one, called his winning, and gushed about my love for the two together to my friend, Tori. She can vouch for this.

Entering the finale, I was pretty sure Jordan would be the crowned victor, as he won my affections and undoubtedly Jojo's. Everyone was swooning for Robby and believing the media about Jordan and I was all nuh huh honey. (Do we not remember other Chad's lies about Jojo's intentions on the show, I mean come on?)

But, as the finale started out, my beliefs started to waver. The editing did me dirty and I started to fear Jordan and I would be left crying together. Jordan was first up for good ole "meet the parents" and I was even more in love. The "what's up?" entrance and his funny hats did nothing less than warm my heart.

But then... he didn't ask for Jojo's dad for permission and that is when my hope began to falter. I was praying to God he didn't dig his own grave, knowing Robby would come in with his novelesque (it's a word OK) dialogue. I was concerned, especially knowing how tough Jojo's brothers could be.

Then, in sweeps Robby. Perfect hair, and knows exactly what to say, and no doubt a good guy. He wins over the family by formally asking for her hand in marriage and expressing his undying love. You got him there, Robby.

After both Jordan and Robby met her parents, they sat down and started singing Robby's praises and this is where Jojo learns that Jordan didn't necessarily ask for her father's permission. Jojo then breaks into a fit of hysteria (which is when my faith was restored because been there, done that, ya always defend the ones you love.)

Then, both dates ensued, and we're both equally nice and romantic. Robby and Jojo had a nice date on the beach and talked about burnt meatloaf and kids and pizza and they swam in the ocean. They had a blissful time and he professed more love to her. Jordan and Jojo went on a boat, their thing obviously, and kayaked under beautiful cave -like things, then they had a hard discussion about his failure to launch aka asking her dad for permission. Watching the night time portion of their date was beautiful and heart-warming for me, despite the sad nature of it, because you could see how torn up Jojo and Jordan both were and how much they really did mean to each other. Also his goodbye at the door, talk about making a sista swoon.

At this point I was sure Jordan would win, but you never know until you know, am I right? They both visit Neil and pick beautiful rings and I was left feeling empty and my 19-year-old self was envious of their beautiful love stories and rings that mine would never compare too. Like can I wear each of those rings on all of my fingers? Is there even a bad option Neil?

Jordan also sensed the SOS and saves himself. Fixing the error in his ways. He calls Jojo's parents and asks for permission in their daughter's hand in marriage and confesses how much he hopes it's them calling at the end of the day. Ya did good, kid.

The letter portion of the evening really is what did my heart in. Jordan and Robby both wrote equally touching, heart-wrenching letters and I were in mutual agreement with Jojo. I was too having a panic attack. (Still wanted Jordan to win, though.)

Then, I sat rocking back and forth anticipating who would get out of the dreaded first limo. To my delight, it was Robby. Robby had a beautiful start to a proposal, but Jojo didn't let him get down on one knee which I think myself and America are all grateful for. The heart can only take so much. Robby handled it better than I expected and told her at the end of the day all he wanted was for her to be happy and if she was happy at the end of the day that's all that mattered. (I was about done in at this point. Feels on overload.)

Then, my boy Jordan enters the picture. Looking dapper and ready to rumble, as am I, I can hardly my excitement. When Jordan said he wanted to run down the steps, so did I. His proposal was also beautiful, and much more my speed, and hearing them confess their "I love yous" was almost too much for me. I was fading fast.

Needless to say, I was very satisfied with the finale this season. I may be pitifully single, but Jojo and Jordan are doing well, so, so am I. I follow them on every social media platform imaginable and live for the updates. Here's to a happy couple and hey, if you're reading this when you come to Nemacolin, let a sister know. (After all, I did have my prom there.)

Until next season!