My Plan < God's Plan

My Plan < God's Plan

My plan for my life could never overcome God's great plans for me.

8
My Plan < God's Plan
Kady Lampley

Moving away from home for the first time is extremely difficult. I've never been away from my friends, boyfriend, and family for so long, and it has definitely affected me, and it is often a negative effect. I often find myself trying to figure out how I could potentially transfer to a different school so I could be closer to my hometown, so it would be easier for me to go home. However, I am constantly reassured by Christ that sometimes His plans for us are more difficult than we could ever imagine, but He will always work things together for good and in our favor.

I live three and a half hours away from my hometown, and it is difficult for me to come home to see everyone that I love. As a result, I am often left feeling homesick and like I don't want to go to school in such a far away city. My boyfriend and I have been together for two years, and we've never spent so much time apart before. Although our relationship is filled with phone calls and video calls, I still miss him like crazy.

All of these circumstances have made me feel as though I no longer want to continue attending the college I do now. I often find myself throwing my hands in the air and giving my sorrow to Christ. Once I finally set my pride aside, I am reminded of the moment I realized Illinois State University is where Christ wanted me to be.

When I first visited Illinois State University, I felt an overwhelming sense of peace and feeling of belonging. I knew that God's great plan for my life included attending ISU. Even now, through the amazing connections and Christ-like friends I have made, I am reminded that God has put me here to accomplish great things to make His kingdom bigger. I know that God will help me in accomplishing more than just getting a degree, but He intends for me to grow as a person and as a follower of Christ. I've realized that growth can't fully happen until I am pushed outside of my comfort zone, and I've already seen milestones completed in my life because of that.

I am extremely thankful for the amazing way that God provides. If I am ever in a time of doubt in myself or how a situation could possibly have a good outcome, I remind myself that God is always faithful to provide for my needs. I also remind myself that God's plan for my life is far greater than my own, no matter how good my plan may seem.