An Open Letter To 'My Person'

An Open Letter To 'My Person'

You my day one. You are my go to.

224
An Open Letter To 'My Person'
Melissa Graham

Hey best friend,

You have sat with me on countless bathroom floors when I was sick with the flu, FaceTimed me countless times about what to wear on dates, you're my therapist on my bad days, and my number one cheerleader on my best days. You are the most amazing gift I could have ever been given; you are my person. I'm not the best at telling you what you mean to me, and I know the last few weeks have been rough, but I want you to know a few things:

You are the most amazing thing God could have given me. I couldn’t have asked for a better friend, sister, teammate or dance partner.

Thanks for loving me through my awkward phase. We met when we were, what, 12? Let’s not remember how awkward we were, but thank you for loving me even when I went through that weird phase.

I am your number one fan. I love when you tell me about what you’re doing! When you applied to your first internship, I was so proud! *THAT’S MY BEST FRIEND GO BEST FRIEND!* When you get a new job, you can bet we’re going to celebrate. I even cheered you on when we chose different colleges to attend. #GoGreen #FireUp

I wish you could see what I see, because dang girl! Boys are dumb for not seeing how amazing you are!

I don’t want to sit on the kitchen floor at 3 a.m. eating Oreos and peanut butter with anyone else. Maybe we are the only ones to do this, but I wouldn’t want to have my cheat meal with anyone else.

I will always want what is best for you, so when I tell you the boy you love is not the one, or that you shouldn’t have that drink, I am telling you these things because they are in your best interest. Remember, I just want you to be happy, healthy and safe. I want you to be surrounded by people who love you as much as I do.

I will always be a phone call away - If you need someone to bring you a dress for formal, I will drive to give you a dress and take you to lunch. I will help you pick out an outfit for socials, and help you buy gifts for your mom (our mom).

You are always welcome in my home. My parents refer to your as their third daughter and you are welcome at all family events (see you at Thanksgiving!)

I love your ugly Snapchats and all. From the gross Snapchats to the bomb selfies on Instagram, I love you no matter what and no matter what you do.