My Open Letter To Donald Trump

My Open Letter To Donald Trump

Mr. Trump, here are my Concerns.

39
My Open Letter To Donald Trump

Dear Mr. Trump,

As I stand in the Atlanta airport awaiting the takeoff of my flight, I'm watching CNN where you are, once again, the top story. Alongside other viewers, I listen to the reporter say that you have questioned President Obama's citizenship at one of your rallies, on national television. Your boldness disgusts me, and I am no longer going to stand by and allow you to disrespect my country and my president. Since no one is bold enough to tell you, I will.

So listen up, Mr. Trump, because I have a lot to say.

Before I express my concerns about your campaign, I would like to thank you for entertaining me these past few weeks through your speeches and rallies. Your comments about how we can better our country are hilarious, as they make absolutely no sense. Your campaign is the biggest joke and publicity stunt I have ever seen since I have been able to understand politics.

I have grown tired of listening to you talk about how wealthy you are and how you can pay off our country's debt. From doing my research, I have found that your businesses have filed bankruptcy four times in the past 20 years. As far as I'm concerned, you understand what It is like to be broke just as much as I do. And furthermore, if your businesses can't stay afloat financially, I don't trust you with America's dime. So before you talk about how you are willing to spend $100 million on your campaign and how our low-income citizens do not need welfare, pay off your debts first and remember how you were there once. Trust me, I will not let you forget it.

When John McCain ran for president of the United States in 2008 against Barack Obama, there were many of McCain's supporters who said racist and controversial statements about Obama. Some of the statements were disrespectful to the Islam community. When McCain heard those comments, he proudly addressed them by confirming that Obama is a good man and that they only have disagreements on fundamental concepts.

And then there's you ...

When one of your supporters addressed Obama's citizenship and religion, not only did you allow him to continue with his disrespectful comments, you agreed with him. You also confirmed your agreement on national television and social media. I'm not sure if you act the way you do for attention, but congratulations! You have received attention, and it is not in a good way.

Finally, it seems that you have consistently voiced your concerns on President Obama's citizenship and religion. Even though a worthy candidate for the U.S. Presidency does their research on not only past and the current president, they also have a clear understanding of the United States Constitution. Since you obviously do not, I will give you some basic information that I learned at age 14 that you still have not learned at 69.

According to Article II, Section I, Clause 5 of the United States Constitution,

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Basically, Mr. Trump, you must be a citizen of the U.S. to even be considered for the Office of President.

The last time I checked, President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, the 50th state in the United States of America that entered the Union Aug. 21, 1959, 2 years before Barack Obama was born. Meaning, President Barack Obama is not only a U.S. Citizen, he is a natural-born U.S. citizen.

Also, you would like to know if President Obama is a Muslim? Well I have a question for you, Mr. Trump, Why does it matter?

According the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution, each citizen is now allotted the freedom of speech, press and religion. If he chooses to be Muslim, atheist, Catholic, or Christian, he has the right.

Just because some of the members of Al Qaeda and ISIS are Muslim, it does not mean every Muslim is a terrorist.

For example, the murderer in the Charleston church shooting is a Christian. Does that mean every Christian is a murderer? No. Enough said.

It amuses me how you would like to talk behind his back about him but refuse to say your comments to his face. So here's my challenge to you ...

Ask President Obama everything you would like to know about him,tell him all of your jokes and comments about him. When you receive your answer, let me know! Do not forget to review the U.S. Constitution before you two have this discussion, because I'm sure President Obama would be more knowledgeable in that area considering that well...he's the president, and you are not.

I would love to hear back from you. If you would like to further discuss my letter with me, please feel free to contact me through my website; www.kalindesiraye.com/contact-me/.

Thank you.

With sincerity,

Kalin Tate

Proud Student and Scholar at Spelman College