My Odyssey Community Is More Than Just A Group Of Writers - They Are My Family

These people are my everything and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

11
personal photo

In light of all the hate going on in the world right now, I wanted to dedicate a sweet article to my Odyssey community.

In July of 2018, I joined Odyssey as a content creator, not realizing how big of an impact it would have on my life. Almost a year later, I am now a community representative who has gained 60+ family members. My Odyssey creators are everything to me. Here's why.

They are always there for me and other creators. 

Whenever I have a problem and feel like crying, I know that I can count on my family to listen. These people are the most caring and genuine people EVER. They pray for each other. They lift each other up. They rejoice together in their accomplishments.

They are the most wholesome, joyful, non-problematic people. 

I never once have had a problem in our community. Yes, there have been some small hiccups along the way, but we handle it in a professional manner and never hold grudges. We are always laughing and having a good time.

They never give up hope. 

In the midst of pandemic and national protests, my community has been so optimistic. They send messages in our group that are so encouraging, not dreary. I wish I could be more like them.

They are open to other's ideas, opinions, and beliefs. 

We have such a diverse group of people in our community, and everyone accepts that. They don't care what religion you associate with, what color your skin is, how you identify sexually, etc. We love each other for who we are.

They create the best content. 

They pop off with their articles on a weekly basis. My creators come up with some of the best article ideas I have ever seen. They have such a way with words.

They make everyone feel welcome. 

Every time I onboard a new creator, my team is always so accepting. They truly make the new creator feel like they found their second home.

They give the best advice. 

I don't know how many times I have come to them with a problem and they give me a solution. They never fail me.

To my community: Thank you for being more than just a group to me. I love you.