My Mom is My Best Friend

My Mom is My Best Friend

And I Wouldn’t Want it Any Other Way

414
My Mom is My Best Friend
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/16/636595150996279961-1068337578_Screen%20Shot%202018-04-16%20at%206.37.30%20PM.png

I have written, thought, and then re-written this article about three times. And I will be completely honest with you, everything I am about to include in this article is extremely difficult to put into words.

Going off to college brings everyone at the realization that they miss their parents sometime in the semester. My second semester has been going well, but as the sun has come out more (I wrote this and it has been raining outside since, thanks New York), I have begun thinking about the common thought running through everyone's mind… Summer. But most of all, I am thinking of one of the most important things my home has to offer me: my best friend of all, my mom.

My mom has been my best friend the majority of my life, we have had our run of fighting, arguing, screaming with the occasional door slamming, but that has only made our mother- daughter bond stronger. She is the one I can turn to when the world is getting rough for me, I know she is always just a call away. And I do not hesitate to call or text her.

As the semester becomes shorter and shorter, so does my attention span when it comes to things such as homework. I feel like this is a normal phenomenon that occurs at this time of the school year. Whenever this occured in high school, my mom would do her motherly job to remind me that it is almost over. This even sometimes involved her sitting across from me while she did some work that she took home with her. My mom has always been the person reminding me that I can do great things, especially when I put my mind to them. She is the most supportive person on this Earth and that is an understatement. She pushes me to do well, but even when I do not do well, she reminds me that there will always be another chance, she will give me a hug, then remind me that she loves me. She is the reason I am the studious person I am today and I cannot thank her enough for raising me that way.

Now that the thoughts about summer has been on everyone’s mind, my thoughts automatically drift to one of the things we often do once weather gets warm. On the weekends my mom and I had our normal routine that began with grocery shopping. Wegmans, Aldis and sometimes Walmart (side note: if you have never been to Wegmans or Aldis, you’re missing out). On our trips to these places we will blast some type of music together, whether it be Matchbox Twenty or Macklemore, you know on a warm day we have the windows down in the car and are singing along. Yeah, I know right? How cool is it that my mom and I like the same music? Best of all, a lot of people tend to go to concerts with their friends, my mom is my concert buddy, and there is nothing wrong with that. We have seen Rob Thomas (not my video), Counting Crows (ditto), Matchbox Twenty (ditto) and this summer, Kesha and Macklemore. It’s always a fun time when someone asks who I went to a concert with and my response is “my mom” then everyone is always shocked! Yes, my mom and I like the same music!

When it comes to the end of the semester, sometimes you just have to remind yourself about the things you have to look forward to. For me, it is always going home to my best friend, my mom.