My Mom Is My Best Friend And It's OK If You're Jealous

I will never take my relationship with my mom for granted.
177

We all love our moms. We all have different relationships with our moms. Now that I have grown up, I have established an adult relationship that has allowed my mom to be my best friend.

We have gotten through that stage of puberty where I absolutely couldn't stand her. We would always be in a brawl because, well, you know I "knew better." Boy, was that a joke. My mom is one of the wisest people I know, and I wished I listened to her more back then.

Even though there may be an age difference between us two, we still make the best of friends. We are no longer that toddler and sleep deprived duo. I have grown and matured. I have become a person my mom actually wants to be around. I think that means she did parenting right.

Now we can laugh together over a bottle of wine. We can bond over Hallmark Christmas movies. We can discuss politics without screaming. We can embarrass each other in public and just laugh it off. We can travel together and both be aware of our surroundings. I can treat her to dinner. We can teach other life hacks on doing makeup and hairstyles.

We can bond over similar hobbies such as cooking new foods, thrift shopping, and couponing. Maybe I have an old soul, or maybe I just love my friendship with my mom.

Throughout my whole life, I have always had my mom. She has been the only consistent person in my life. She has always been that rock I could count on. She could pick me up from rock bottom and she could also put my feet back on the ground. She was there to hold me when I cried and there to dance with me when I was happy. She was never toxic to me, never hurt me, and only wanted to see me succeed.

I am so blessed to have a mom like mine. I am so grateful I was brought into this world by a woman with a full of love and understanding. My mom plays it off like she is just like any other mom, but no this mom is mine. And she an incredible person. I only hope to be as much like her for my kids.

I will never take my relationship with my mom for granted. I have been blessed with a mother, a confidant and best friend. Anyone can say they have the best mom in the world, but I truly have the best mom in the universe.