syllabus week

11 Things That Go Through Every Girl's Mind During Syllabus Week

During this week, we usually party while also going to every single one of our classes because they are the easiest they will ever be, at least we think.

156
Kayla Bishop

The first full week of a new semester of classes is what we call "syllabus week" and it is supposed to be the easiest week of the semester. During this week, we usually party while also going to every single one of our classes because they are the easiest they will ever be, at least we think. Lately, though, I have been thinking more and more during every new syllabus week I have encountered and it is not in a good way.

1. It isn't even syllabus week anymore

Syllabus week is supposed to be easy, right? Well, the last three semesters during syllabus week I have gotten homework every time! This syllabus week my teacher started teaching ON THE FIRST DAY! How dare he not care about us students, give us break professor. I swear, each semester gets worse.

2. I probably won't see 75% of you next week

When I was walking on campus this past week I swear I saw more people on the quad then ever before and I have been here for three years! I guarantee you I will not see a majority of those people on campus next week, including myself (I'm just kidding mom).

3. I'm screwed

I thought I picked these classes thinking they were easy but boy was I wrong. I already have three chapters, two papers and seven article summaries due on Monday!

4. Who is the smartest looking person in this class so I can become their friend

Everyone always wonders who the smartest person in their classes is at some point, right? I mean I know when I walk into a new class I always wish that I could become friends or study partners with someone who actually understand what was being taught.

5. The amount of work I already have is ridiculous

Like I said, by Monday I have a whole semesters load of work already due and I have not even had time to breathe yet.

6. I'm so unorganized

Even though I have a desk calendar in my room and a planner in my backpack with everything I could ever possibly need on them, I still fell like I am ALWAYS missing an assignment or an announcement I need to know about and this is NOT a good way to start my semester.

7. I'm dropping out

It is official, I am dropping out. This shit is too hard already, there is no way I am gunna make it another 13 weeks. Who is with me?

8. Maybe I will meet my future husband this semester

I know I am not the only girl or guy who scopes out their new classes for the hottest person there. I always carefully look around to see if I notice anyone cute because hey, you could meet your future spouse in there!I

9. RateMyProfessor was totally wrong about this class

RateMyProfessor is supposed to be 100% accurate, at least I thought so. It said that my teacher was supposed to be laid back, funny and would give out study guides before each test with a 5-star rating but he just showed me that all of that was a lie but somehow I still seem to revert myself back to that every semester.

10. I hope some of my classes don't require me to actually go to them

College classes that I actually have to go to? Bullshit.

11. Is it break yet?

I know we just started, but what day are we off for break because I am already sick of this stuff!

As a college student who has been through "Syllabus week" more than a few times, I know that there are a lot of things that run through our minds that are quite similar. Look for a study buddy, or that cute guy in your class and try to give your professor the benefit of the doubt sometimes because I am sure they do not want to be there just as much as you do! Also, if you do not understand what is going on already, GO TO CLASS. I promise you, if you don't go it won't help. Syllabus week might not be syllabus week anymore, but just think that every day you go to class you are one day closer to going on break!