My March Playlist

My March Playlist

15
My March Playlist

February flew by and now it is time for another playlist. The month of February was full of musical happenings, including the Grammy's where Chance The Rapper and Adele took home a bulk of the awards and the gaining traction of Ed Sheeran's return to music with the release of another hit song. Most people attribute the month of March to Spring and St. Patrick's Day, so I'll try my best to give the people what they want. My internship working with HIP Video Promo has opened up my eyes to some pretty stellar musical choices, so get ready for an interesting list for the month of March.

1. "Coco Butter Kisses" (feat. Vic Mensa and Twista) by Chance the Rapper

Now, everyone has been obsessed with Chance's most recent album, Coloring Book, but I have always loved this track from his previous album, Acid Rap. This song has everything a rap song should have; meaningful lyrics that tell a story, a sick beat, and those famous gospel and choral undertones Chance sprinkles throughout all his songs. It's the perfect energetic song to guide us into Spring.

2. "People Say" by Seramic

I'll be honest, I heard this song on an episode of Grey's Anatomy, but it's the somber seriousness that caught my attention. As we come out of that Winter slump, this song will capture the last few dregs of hibernation and sad feels.

3. "My Own" by Whitaker

Another TV find, I heard this one on an old episode of MTV's Teen Wolf. Spring is about birth and new life and flowers and exploration, and this song will lull you as you sit in a courtyard, watching the buds on the trees and the flowers bloom.

4. "Cry Another Day" by The Chordaes

This is one of my internship finds. This song is reminiscent of Coldplay and any other amazing indie bands you can think of. With their own sound that promises beauty, these serious lyrics mixed with an awesome instrumental will knock your socks off.

5. "Dive" by Ed Sheeran

I'm sure by now everyone has heard Ed Sheeran's new album, Dive. The album is nothing short of perfection and is inspiring and awakening all in its own way. This is my favorite track on the album, and the old school soul vocals will make your toes curl. Nothing says spring like a new love.

6. "How Great" (feat. Jay Electronica and My cousin Nicole) by Chance the Rapper

One of my favorite tracks off the Coloring Book album, this song will surely get you ready for Easter, reminding you how great your life is because of the things you've accomplished and those who helped you accomplish them.

7. "April Come She Will" by Simon and Garfunkel

Must I really explain this one? Everyone needs a little Simon and Garfunkel in their life.

8. "Sorry" by Beyonce

Get ready to shed that new skin, use Beyonce's hot track off her last album, Lemonade, to fire you up into getting things done.

9. "No Rain" by Blind Melon

April showers bring May flowers, so let's hope March is a dry one.

10. "The Mother We Share" by Chvrches

Some may think of this as a summery song, but I personally think it is perfect for any time of the year.

11. "Last Night" (feat. Keyshia Cole) by Diddy

I had to add in a throwback, because what's a good playlist without at least one solid throwback? This song had me feeling things that I had never experienced back in the 5th grade, and now that I'm older, and wiser, I can appreciate this song even more.

12. "Cry For Judas" by The Mountain Goats

Now, don't be put off by the name. This song is pure genius. It is upbeat and whimsical, totally going against the lyrics. It is something quite magical.

13. "All My Troubles" by Lawless Hearts

This is another one of my internship finds. This video was one of the first songs I wrote a One Sheet or pitch for my internship, and it has a special spot in my heart. Not only does this song rock hard, the lyrics are something of a late Saturday night and a bottle of Hennessey.