My Two Cents Of The Week Are That If It's Meant To Be, It'll Be. Everything Happens For A Reason

Florida Georgia Line has a point.

244
Isabella Abdullah

My two cents of the week is: you can’t change the past; you can only move forward. Trust the process, and things will play out if they're meant to be. This can apply to almost anything: whether it be relationships, or hardships etc.

I’ve realized that dwelling in the past can only make you unhappy; however, you can work to make your future amazing. You'll experience hardships in life, but just know that these bumps in the road happen for a reason. Never ever give up, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, I promise.

Here is a personal story that makes me a firm believer:

The fall of senior year, I was set to attend a different college on the complete opposite side of the country and even had my housing picked out. Some things came up to altar my college decision, and I was in distraught. All of my friends had been committed to schools for months, and I was convinced it was too late since the recruiting process was basically complete.

My parents told me I should just attend a bigger school as a regular student, but I refused. When you dedicate your entire life to a sport and work to get somewhere it's hard to just let it go.

I knew I needed to play college golf, and I needed to do whatever it would take to work hard and end up somewhere that would best fit me. I was blessed to find an opportunity here at Elon, and this past year has been the most incredible year of my life.

I would not be attending and playing golf for the amazing university I'm at, and I would not have the people in my life I've met along the way who I am lucky enough to call my family. I'm so glad things worked out the way they did, despite the rough journey along the way. It was hard to trust the process and hard to believe that the end, everything would work itself out, but hey, it did.

My parents have stressed to me all of my nineteen years that, "Everything happens for a reason, and what's meant to be is what's meant to be." This has been the hardest ideal to live by, but it has always been my life motto. Florida Georgia Line has a great point in their hit song, “Meant to Be,” when they say, “If it’s meant to be, it’ll be, it’ll be, Baby, just let it be." This reminds me and comforts me that you just have to live life the way it is and have faith in good things to come.

You’re not going to get to where you’re supposed to be in life and meet the people who will change your life if you don’t ride the crazy journey while taking the chances on the way. Trust the process, as cliché as it sounds, and love the life that you live, work hard and don't give up.