My Future Is Blank, But I've Got Faith

My Future Is Blank, But I've Got Faith

Not knowing, it's the worst part of life.

201
My Future Is Blank, But I've Got Faith

For as long as I can remember, I've had a plan. I've known where I was going, I've known what my next step was and what I needed to get to that step. I've known where my life was going, but now - I don't. After graduation, everything is blank. I don't know if I'll get into graduate school, and, if I do, I don't know which one I'll get into. I don't know if I'll find a "big girl" job or if I'll be stuck in the same mess of uncertainty that I feel now.

I am conflicted. I am confused. I am afraid.

But - I have faith. It's hard, though, sometimes, to step out of that world of knowing exactly what is in store for me and exactly where I'll be. It's hard to take chances, for fear of thinking I'm taking the wrong chance. It's terrifying to look into the future and see an empty abyss, while all of my friends are signing leases, and making plans... here I am, just waiting.

If you're in my shoes, I really feel for you. As someone who has hardcore anxiety, I just NEED to know what's going on in my life... and I don't anymore. It's taking a lot of prayers, a lot of trust, and a LOT of faith.

We can do this, God's got us.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- Jeremiah 29:11