To My Future Daughter

To My Future Daughter

I hope I can be half as good to you as my mom is to me.
390

My future daughter,

What is your world like? The world is a mystery. Do cars drive themselves? Are iPhones still around?

I hope your name is special, just for you, and I hope your father is someone special too. I know he will be since I won't settle for anything less.

It’s currently the year 2018, and I’m going to be a junior at TCU. I hope you’re a little mini-me, growing up with brown hair, eyelashes and eyebrows people won't stop obsessing over. Who knows though? You might end up looking like your dad like me.

Regardless of what you look like, I want you to be healthy. Healthy and genuinely happy. I already know I am going to throw you in the pool, but if swimming isn't your thing, don't worry.

The first day I drop you off at school, I’ll cry. Just a fair warning, I'll cry often. From the time we first meet, to your high school graduation, to dropping you off at your college dorm, and everything in between; you're going to laugh at how easily I will cry.

I can't wait for you to meet my best friends and to consider them your "aunts" because they are going to be there for you too no matter what.

Here’s some advice; girls are going to be mean and boys take a long time to grow up. You have an amazing family and support system; we are here no matter what. Never forget you are beautiful and that everything happens for a reason (something my mom taught me).

I hope I can give you the world, and I hope we are as close as my mom and I are, and you know you can count on me for anything.God forbid I can’t be, know I love you unconditionally.

My future daughter, I promise to try and be everything my mom is.