I Do It For My Future As a Teacher

I Do It For My Future As a Teacher

With our help, their future can be bright.
24

A teacher can be defined, simply, as one who teaches, specifically in a school. Personally, I think a teacher is much more than that. Things aren't always easy when you are growing up, and the people who helped me through a lot of the struggles of my youth were my teachers and educators. Being a teacher, or literally anyone who has any sort of control over a group of youth, can be a trying and difficult job, but as an aspiring instructor, I have found ways around these obstacles and I know that what's worth the prize is always worth the fight. There are many steps that must be taken in order to allow our youth to succeed and enjoy themselves while doing so. First and foremost, one must be able to keep the children not only entertained but interested in whatever it is that they're doing. While this may vary in age groups, children are easily persuaded, and if they don't think it's "cool," then they are not going to want to be involved. Second, you must be able to make the kids feel comfortable around you. Once they feel comfortable with you, they will be more willing to open up to you. This will enable them to let you know when they're struggling, what they're struggling with, ask questions, and even initiate a more active form of learning. Children need to know that they are cared about in order for them to allow themselves to become invested in anything. Next, keeping professionalism in mind, one must be able to have fun with their students. After all, they do learn from you. They watch, and they listen, and they copy. If a group of students see their instructor feeling miserable in a classroom, they are likely going to feel the same way, because that's just how they believe they are supposed to feel. They need to be able to see that the teacher needs the students just as much as the students need their teacher. Being a teacher means so many things. Teaches are responsible for helping students realize that they are more than just students; that they have worth, and that their lives, opinions and voices matter. Teachers are intended to provide students with personal experience and real world examples. Teachers should be someone for students to confide in, and encourage them to be their best versions of themselves. It is a teacher's job to show their students that their futures are worth something, and that it is crucial that they put in the time and effort necessary to achieve their goals, because they can do it- but not without the aid of a teacher. Though these obstacles may seem a bit demanding, I fight through them for a number of reasons. I do it for individuals that I have witnessed developing at a reduced rate because they did not experience that sort of involvement in the classroom.I do it for all the times that I was struggling and I wish I had someone there to help me. I do it for the a brighter tomorrow. I do it for my future as a teacher. I do it for the kids.