For The Friend Going Through A Bad Breakup Right Now

Thank you for being a shining example of what all women are capable of.

443
123rf

You have shown me time and time again just how strong you are. Thank you for being you, and thank you for being a shining example of what all women are capable of.

When you first broke the news, admittedly, I was shocked and heartbroken for you.

Having gone through a similar experience myself, I could understand the pain of a heartbreak more than I had ever hoped to. Your experience resonated with me and reminded me of some of the most depressing months of my life. I was unsure how you would handle the situation, unsure if you would also go through this state of depression as well, or if you would rise above the situation and make the most out of a less than ideal experience.

Nearly a month and a half later, I have watched you go from mournful to free. For a while there, I felt like we lost each other. Although the friendship always remained, the conversations were short and distant. It had felt like we had gone in different directions throughout college. I have realized now that sometimes we go through breakups to bring out the best version of ourselves, and I have watched this growth in you.

In such a short amount of time, we’ve discussed traveling and putting ourselves out there for the hell of it. You have made it your goal to work on yourself, physically, emotionally, and academically. There is no doubt in my mind that you will make breakthroughs in the professional world and that you will settle for nothing less than someone meets your level of motivation.

Most importantly, remember that you will love again. Our first loves teach us what we value and what we don’t. They mold us into the lovers we are capable of being. Get ready for the time of your life and welcome this new chapter of your life with open arms, life has so much in store for you and I’ll cheer you on through it all.