My Feel-Good Summer Bucket List

My Feel-Good Summer Bucket List

10 things to feel good about taking time to do this summer.

6
My Feel-Good Summer Bucket List
uhdwallpapers.org

Every summer I find myself making a wild and extraordinary list of things I would love to do that usually involve traveling around the world and into outer space as well as saving enough money to pay for my college tuition, all while getting into Olympic athlete shape and hanging out with my friends. Needless to say, I tend to disappoint myself. This summer, I’ve decided to set some realistic and beneficial goals that can do good for anyone and contribute to a great summer.

1. Plant something.

Whether it be flowers, fruit or a magic beanstalk, get outside and get your hands dirty. You’re doing yourself and the earth a favor.

2. Set aside time for just yourself.

Pick one day a week and commit to an hour of time that you can take a break from the rest of the world and spend time alone. It could be a Sunday night stroll, journaling, going for a drive or taking yourself out for coffee, but the importance of staying in tune with yourself and taking a break from a busy schedule is easily forgotten. Don’t forget about yourself this summer.

3. Treat yourself.

Maybe it’s a new hairstyle you’ve been itching to try or the pair of shoes you’ve had in mind for a while now; start your summer off with a present for yourself. You deserve it.

4. Pick one fitness goal.

Instead of just constantly feeling bad about being out of shape or weight you have gained, set one goal devoted to your fitness life and stick to it this summer. Setting unrealistic expectations for yourself is often unachievable and leads to disappointment. Instead, choose to add a bike ride, run or ab routine to your day. Start small with one focus and you can grow from there.

5. Read a good book.

Pick a topic that interests you or go to the library and grab the first classic that catches your eye. It’s brain food, along with the perfect excuse to lay outside, read and catch some sun.

6. Try something new.

The internet is teeming with recipes, DIY dorm decorations and information on new places to visit. You’ll never know until you try; you might surprise yourself.

7. Work hard when it’s time to work.

A summer job or two is inevitable, so when it’s time to go to work, put in your best effort and attitude. Only you decide how enjoyable your job can be.

8. Pick up an old pastime again.

Maybe it is digging an old instrument out of the basement or restarting an overlooked artistic talent; there’s a reason you used to love doing such.

9. Reconnect with that one friend.

It’s easy to give up on a friendship that has strayed further than intended; don’t let the important people slip out of your life.

10. Relax, rejuvenate and have fun.

Before the stress of school returns again in the fall, take this summer as a time to get a good break in so you can return to school in the fall fully ready and set up for a great school year.