My Own Island

My Own Island

And 85 Beaches to Explore!
4

I love my Long Island. I tried to move away from it once but it wasn't meant to be. I moved to Florida in the late 80's very briefly but I couldn't find a job or a decent place to live that I could afford. I came back after only 2 months. When I got back to Long Island I found a job and a place to live in 3 days! It was fate!

Long Island is very expensive but as they say in the real estate biz.....it s all about location location location and boy does Long Island have that!!! .It's only 20 miles from the Nassau County border to NYC, ......one of the most exciting cities in the world! I've been to the city about 1000 times and haven't even seen half of it.

Long Island has 85 beaches with tons of water activities. Sagg Main Beach and Cooper s beach in Southhampton rated in the top 20 in the US. There are ski resorts 3 1/2 hours away and the best ski resort in the Northeast Whiteface is only a 5 hours drive north with no traffic. And just in case you get bored with all of that.....there is a foreign country within driving distance...6 1/2 hours to Montreal, Canada which I would call "Little Paris"

Then there are the wineries....oooooh the wineries. Sparking Pointe, Corey Creek, Wolffer Estate....just to name a few. After some wine tasting ( and a designated driver) there is sunset gazing at Horton s Point Lighthouse park or Docker's in Hampton Bays after a visit to Duck Walk and Wolffer Estate.

There is also the street fairs all around Long Island that run all summer long and way into the fall. Some of my favorites are the Sayville Summerfest, Riverhead Blues Fest. and Heckscher fall festival in Huntington. Several years ago I went to Cape Cod twice on short vacations and while I was there I thought " What am I doing here? We have all of this and more on Long Island. And I don't have drive 5 hours!