My 1st Job Experience!

My 1st Job Experience!

The Job I loved before it closed

56
My 1st Job Experience!
Author

My 1st Job Experience!

So there I am in the backroom of a yogurt place called Hoopla, where I'm struck with the thought that this is the perfect time to write about my experience having my very own first job! Yes I not only get to work at a very fabulous, and luxurious establishment (well as luxurious as a yogurt place can be) I also have the honor of baring the brightest,and possibly blinding pink and green uniform ever.

Now of course as my first job I'd take practically anything, so I assumed that a simple yogurt place would be as short and sweet as their 12 oz yogurt cups. I was wrong, so very wrong. Hoopla is no joke, every employee doubles as a cashier and janitor. Which means a lot of cleaning, sweeping, sanitizing, back-breaking mopping and many countless slips-literally,I've slipped far too many times during work. My pain aside, I really have enjoyed the work and fast paced shuffle of my first job, we like to refer to it as "running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off."

While also being the only teen employee I find myself having to grow up faster, I mean I'm the only employee in both Hoopla and the Mexican restaurant next door, Moe's who doesn't have kids! At first I found myself embarrassed at my age and often trying to fit in,but then the truth hit me; I'm a teen working the same position as them, without bills to pay. I'm on a head start to life compared to them! That's an accomplishment.

I've also realized working in a dual establishment with Moe's and Hoopla that it's basically high school, where I'm still not popular! I mean come on, unfair! Well at least I'm finally that one new girl. Also working at hoopla gives me the amazing perk of having both free Hoopla and Moe's, what a steal!

Everyone says they don't want to work in food, but with 2 weeks under my belt and only a handful of mistakes, I personally don't mind it! Maybe that's because Hoopla is only yogurt and candy but still I'v found the perfect first job.

Or so I thought,before my location was offically shut down three weeks into me working. A flood of tears rushed onto my cheeks when I received the bad news. Unlike most jobs, we were not given any sort of heads up-forcing us all into a sudden unemployment. Back to the cutting board I go in search of my next job!