8 Moments Short Girls Know All Too Well

8 Moments Short Girls Know All Too Well

When reaching the top shelf becomes an Olympic sport.

8
8 Moments Short Girls Know All Too Well

No, our feet don't touch the floor and eight other truths.

1. Short dresses become longer.

As a short girl like myself, when I go out to buy a trendy dress with my friends, mine always turns out to be longer than it was meant to be and it often looks like mine was "made" longer than my friends'.

2. You have to stand on a something to get stuff from shelves.

Unfortunately, it is as it short girls are mostly the ones that are expected to get stuff off the highest draws in the kitchen. Although some people find it to be cute when short girls stretch themselves to get things on higher places, it may be dangerous especially if the person is not careful and falls off.

3.When you hug tall people, sometimes you feel their heartbeat.

The best part of been short is being able to feel people's heartbeat when you hug them. It makes you feel special.

4.You have to be in front when there is a show or a display to be able to fully see the visuals without a tall person blocking your view.

At a packed public gathering, short girls like me struggle to have a visual of what is going on in the middle if the gather was made in a circle. We have to struggle to get to the middle to have a clearer visual.

5.You feel so short when you are in the mist of very tall people.

When I was in the city, I did not really experience this because most of my friends were short although I was still the shortest among them all. However, currently in school, I feel like I am the shortest person especially when I have to raise my head to make eye contact with tall people when I'm talking to them.

6. When going to audition as a model for a fashion show, you feel like you may be rejected because of your height.

It is known that some model firms require their model to be a certain height. As a short girl wanting to be a model, it becomes tough for me since I have a challenge which is to really impress the judges so they overlook the fact that am short and hire me as their model.

7. Sometimes people sarcastically tell you that you are too tall for something.

Sometimes, people tease us for our height. They sometimes sarcastically call us tall people. This act is sometimes done jokingly by close friends.

8. Sometimes people say you look too short for your age.

I never thought of the impact this issue had on my life until one day, I went job hunting with one of my friends who was also short. The manager told us, high school seniors, that we looked like twelve-year-olds (maybe, because we were in our school uniform). He also told us to apply online but we knew from the moment that he proclaimed we looked like twelve-year-olds that he was not going to hire us.