My Disney Pixar Movie Ranking

My Disney Pixar Movie Ranking

Might not be a popular order, but here's my opinion on some of the best and most famous movies in the world.

45
My Disney Pixar Movie Ranking
Pixar Wiki

As hard as this was, I've always wanted to make a list of my ranking. I'm sure not everyone will agree with my order, but before you kill me just know that I think they are all amazing movies. This list will include 16 of the 17 Pixar films because I have yet to see The Good Dinosaur (I'm sorry, I didn't think it would be fair to include it).

16. Cars 2

This was an easy last choice for me. I'm someone who is often not fond of sequels, especially one like this that completely strays away from the originals plot-line and main characters. Mater is the main character in this movie and in my opinion should remain the comic relief character on route 66 not star in the show. The movie was often characterized as being too confusing for younger viewers to follow being that it was a mystery and anything that you need to focus on that hard doesn't show the typical Pixar charm and amusement.

15. Inside Out

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I really didn't like Inside Out and don't understand why so many people did and why it got such great reviews. I think the concept was outstanding, but it was a big let down for me. Most of the movie was horrifically sad and the whole journey just seemed to go downhill and get sadder after every scene. Seeing Riley so upset, the loss the imaginary friend Bing Bong, and the seemingly dark turns the movie took just really made it seem not much like a true Disney Pixar movie to me. However, the moral of the story is a good one. Joy realizes that joy is not the only significant emotion. Sadness plays an important role in memories because it creates empathy in others when Riley is in need of help. In the end, all the emotions are treated like equals because it's the balance of emotions that makes a person human.

14. Toy Story

I'm sure this is unpopular as well, but I have to say that I never liked the original Toy Story. It gave me the creeps as a child because of the boy Sid next door. He did awful things to toys that didn't deserve it. Plus Buzz is so annoying in the fact that he doesn't understand he's a toy. This is one of very few cases where the original in a franchise is not my favorite.

13. Finding Dory

This one was difficult because I actually really liked it, it's just the fact that when you compare it to the original of course it's not as good. Dory goes on an amazing journey to find her parents, and the new friends she makes and the visuals along the way are outstanding, plus who could forget the adorable baby Dory. I just don't love Dory as a title character and I thought her journey dragged on for a bit too long. It was great though and possibly one of favorite movie sequels especially with the huge shoes it had to fill.

12. Toy Story 3

Toy Story 3 was great in the fact that it was the 3rd in a franchise. Most people consider it their least favorite and that's probably because no one likes the idea of Andy growing up and the crew at Sunnyside led by the evil Lots-O-Huggin-Bear that tries to convince the toys that they aren't loved and they will be replaced because he himself got replaced. However, the ending is an extremely touching scene where Andy gives his toys to the little girl Bonnie, knowing that even though it was hard to say goodbye, they will be played with and loved there more than anywhere else.

11. Up

Up is very hard for me. The opening scene is so sad but loving and cute and it sets the stage for the whole movie. The bond between Carl, Russel, and later Kevin and Dug are unlikely ones but it somehow works. The main problem I have with it is the aggressive dogs and Charles Muntz's seemingly random presence all for a bird and the fight he will go to in order to get it. However in the end, where Carl fulfill's the love of his life's dream of having the house overlook Paradise Falls, makes the whole thing worth it.

10. Monsters University

Again, I liked it it's just not as good as the original. Young Mike Wazowski is so adorable and seeing them at college is very funny and interesting from the view of a college student. It was an interesting ending for a Pixar movie because of Mike and Sulley's ultimate failure in the games, but the ending shows how with hard work, they will be able to work their way up to the title's they have in the original.

9. A Bug's Life

Pixar's second movie tells the story of Flik the Ant. This movie has everything, circus bugs, an ant who sticks out from the rest, a love story, and a tale of overcoming adversity, in other words, it's a Disney classic and hopefully will always be viewed as such. With the help of Flik's inventions, the Ants determination to take on the grasshoppers even though they aren't as big or strong, tells a child that they can do anything they put their mind too.

8. Brave

Not a popular one by many, but one that will always be special to me. The story takes place in Medieval Scotland and focuses on Merida's relationship with her mother after she is mistakenly turned into a bear by magic. Merida is one of the first Disney princesses that doesn't need a man to be happy and can hold her own. She's an amazing example for all young girl's to follow and the reason this is so high on my list (plus the cute little triplets).

7. Ratatouille

I had an old list of my Pixar ranking, and I have to say that i just moved Ratatouille up higher after re-watching it. For some reason this movie is often forgotten about, but it's extremely entertaining and different from other Disney movies in that the 2 main characters are of different species and can't communicate. Linguini has faith in Remy (the rat) the whole time and is nothing, but good to him. Eventually Ratatouille, a dish of thinly cut vegetables that revolves around the sauce, is made in order to impress a famous food critic. The pun and the lesson of never giving up and the importance of true friendship make this one to stand out.

6. Toy Story 2

This is my favorite of the Toy Story films because of the addition of Jessie and Bullseye and because of Buzz's emerging personality. Many funny encounters happen at Al's Toy Barn and everyone ends up happy in the end. Buzz reminds Woody of a toy's true purpose in order to convince him to come back to Andy's and invites the other toys to come along. They overcome Stinky Pete and return home to realize that nothing is better then being loved by an owner.

5. The Incredibles

Pixar takes a unique spin on the traditional superhero story. Everyone has a different power in the Parr home, but are discouraged from using them in order to blend into regular human life. When danger strikes the whole family is taken on a rollercoaster ride where they discover the strength of their power in order to save their dad and defeat Syndrome. In the end he is taken down but the very thing Edna Mode said to avoid in a super suit, a cape. A true spectacle for the whole family.

4. WALL-E

WALL-E is a personal favorite although I know many people don't truly understand it. Different from the future predictions of robots taking over the planet, the robots in this movie are the one's that assist humans in working to save it. Wall-e and Eve form an unconditional love for each other although all they are only able to communicate by saying each other's names and by using body language. It's the story of an unlikely love and how robots helped the humans who needed a push to remember what was really important in life.

3) Monsters Inc

This was one of my favorites as a child and for that I think it will always hold a special place in my heart. Although children are supposed to be scared of monsters and monsters are supposed to be scared of humans contaminating their world, Sulley and the little girl Boo form an unpredictable bond. When she enters the Monsters world she has everyone in a panic and a crazy journey with the incredible visual of thousands of doors is created in order to get her home. It is revealed that Randall and Waternoose were trying to kidnap kids and scare them in order to save the business. Sulley later takes over and finds out children's laughter is 10 times more powerful then screams, saves the business, and gives the monsters a positive and kinder outlook til the end of time.

2. Finding Nemo

I must've seen this movie at least 10 times and it's one that never gets old. The story of Marlin and an unlikely forgetful friend set out on a journey to find his lost son Nemo. The underwater scenes and visuals help set Finding Nemo above the other Pixar films. They run into sharks, gnarly turtles, jellyfish, and so much more. Nemo makes his own friends in a fish tank and they eventually help him escape. Dory gets caught in a net with lots of other fish and Nemo risks his life and enters in order to stop the fish from getting kidnapped like he did. He tells them to swim down and eventually the net breaks and everyone is free. It's a story of true adventure and heroism as long as you remember to just keep swimming.

1. Cars

Although this list was hard this was an easy number 1 for me. Cars has always been my favorite since the first time I saw it and it has yet to be topped. That's why the second one disappointed me so much. When I went to Disneyland for the first time and I saw a real life replica of route 66 I was in heaven and could've stayed there the whole trip it was amazing. Of course, Lightning McQueen starts out as a jerk at first, but he learns a lot of important lessons from his Radiator Springs friends along the way. One's that help him become a better racer, a better car, and a better friend. In fact, he stops just short of winning the Piston Cup in order to help another racer cross because of what happened to his friend Doc. He finds love along the way and in the end puts Radiator Springs back on the map because of his newfound popularity. It's a tale with lots of lessons, lots of love, and lots of fun.